The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

A known issue that I've had with Firefox, despite any updates:

I've had an issue where Firefox likes to stay on top of all of my applications. Right now I'm typing this response in Firefox. If I were to go straight to open up my RDP Session to my Terminal Server, or open up Excel or something, the application would open, but I would have to minimize Firefox indefinitely before being able to view the application. This problem is intermittent, it's happening right now though despite if I close firefox fully and reopen.

Firefox Version: 1.5.0.6

Most probably a stupid question but have you restarted your computer.

Awhile ago I started to have a problem like this, and it was cause another program crashed and it screwed up my firefox, I ended up having multiple Firefoxs running in the background, and they could not think properly.

Restarted and it was fine....

Firefox 2 Beta 2 has already been delayed as most of us know, and now it looks like that delay has rippled through to the other milestones. Here is the most recent schedule for the upcoming Firefox builds:

* Firefox 2.0 Beta 2 - August 23
* Firefox 2.0 RC1 - September 19
* Firefox 2.0 RC2 - October 2
* Firefox 2.0 RC3 - October 11
* Firefox 2.0 Final - October 24

SeaMonkey 1.1 Alpha

SeaMonkey 1.1 Alpha is now available. Our first release on the path to SeaMonkey 1.1, it is intended only for developers and testers — not end users. Some of the most exciting new features include: page previews in tab tooltips, spell checking in text boxes, a new e-mail tagging system, a better startup script for Linux users, the ability to use drag and drop to open URLs in new tabs in between existing tabs and an updated version of Chatzilla. For developers, the "Storage" component is also included.

New Features
Download Page

Mozilla Firefox 'Bon Echo' for Windows 2.0 Beta 2:)

Latest Changes:

* Visual Refresh: Firefox 2's theme and user interface have been updated to improve usability without altering the familiarity of the browsing experience
* Built-in phishing protection: Phishing Protection warns users when they encounter suspected Web forgeries, and offers to return the user to their home page
* Enhanced search capabilities: Search term suggestions will now appear as users type in the integrated search box when using the Google, Yahoo! or Answers.com search engines
* Improved tabbed browsing: By default, Firefox will open links in new tabs instead of new windows, and each tab will now have a close tab button
* Resuming your browsing session: The Session Restore feature restores windows, tabs, text typed in forms, and in-progress downloads from the last user session
* Previewing and subscribing to Web feeds: Users can decide how to handle Web feeds (like this one), either subscribing to them via a Web service or in a standalone RSS reader, or adding them as Live Bookmarks
* Inline spell checking: A new built-in spell checker enables users to quickly check the spelling of text entered into Web forms (like this one) without having to use a seperate application
* Live Titles: When a website offers a microsummary (a regularly updated summary of the most important information on a Web page), users can create a bookmark with a "Live Title"
* Improved Add-ons manager: The new Add-ons manager improves the user interface for managing extensions and themes, combining them both in a single tool
* JavaScript 1.7: JavaScript 1.7 is a language update introducing several new features such as generators, iterators, array comprehensions, let expressions, and destructuring assignments
* Extended search plugin format: The Firefox search engine format now supports search engine plugins written in Sherlock and OpenSearch formats and allows search engines to provide search term suggestions
* Updates to the extension system: The extension system has been updated to provide enhanced security and to allow for easier localization of extensions
* Client-side session and persistent storage: New support for storing structured data on the client side, to enable better handling of online transactions and improved performance when dealing with large amounts of data, such as documents and mailboxes
* SVG text: Support for the svg:textpath specification enables SVG text to follow a curve or shape
* New Windows installer: Based on Nullsoft Scriptable Install System, the new Windows installer resolves many long-standing issues

Download Windows only

I was at the Mozilla office here in Mountain View for lunch today, just as they were getting ready to release Beta 2.
Got a Firefox T-shirt and lots of stickers. :)

is there anyway to enable single window mode in firefox w/out the use on any extension?

and if there is no way to do it wich xtension i can use with FF2RC1?

I was at the Mozilla office here in Mountain View for lunch today, just as they were getting ready to release Beta 2.
Got a Firefox T-shirt and lots of stickers. :)

you've done more cool things since I've been on this forum (2002 I think) as in computer stuff (ya know geeky things that only we get excited about) than anyone else!!! maybe EP too.

That may be true, however EP can really get a swerve on!

Hey all,

How can I attach my jpeg company logo to my sent emails in Thunderbird?

I am trying the attach signature setting, then point to my jpeg logo and send a test email, but it doesn't go through.

Thanks,

Heeter

I am posting this on behalf of Jewelzz - someone tell her to get her a** in here!

[13:49] * Jewelzz has joined #osnn
[13:49] * ChanServ sets mode: +oa Jewelzz Jewelzz
[17:57] * _XbAsEd_ has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[18:07] <Jewelzz> help me!! http://studio-expressions.com/digital.html ... the wording at the bottom is find in IE (ewww) but not FF, why and how do i fix it in FF?
[01:02] <Jewelzz> this is why i don't come here anymore
[08:30] <MainframeGuy> aha - so that is why Jewelzz does not come here anymore!
[08:31] <MainframeGuy> (PSSsst there's a plug-in for that!)
that is from IRC BTW ;)

Actually this is what it looks like in Firefox and in Mozilla (I have pointed out the error). Now the text lines up the way it should in Opera and in IE. This could be a coding issue on the site.

[edit]
Maybe it's the <br /> tag in the code that's at the end of the first sentence? I don't think that's a valid tag, anybody?

Attachments

• text_error.jpg
    text_error.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I see it now

add this to the css file
Code:
.float_anchor{
    clear:both;
}
add this under </ul> before
<p>Digital manipulation

Code:
<div class="float_anchor"></div>

Hey all,

I asked a question about thunderbird a few posts up, can anyone help me,

Still having trouble getting my sig working,

Thanks

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back