The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

I see it now

add this to the css file
Code:
.float_anchor{
    clear:both;
}
add this under </ul> before
<p>Digital manipulation

Code:
<div class="float_anchor"></div>

Man, I thought Opera was more compliant than that. Seems that it (Opera) still needs tweekin.

Hey all,

I asked a question about thunderbird a few posts up, can anyone help me,

Still having trouble getting my sig working,

Thanks

Heeter

If I remember correctly the "Signature" file can only be a text file. I'll look around and see what's what.

[edit]
Here's one site that explains the sig file: http://www.tufts.edu/tccs/s-thuman-c2.html

Oooooo, here's one from Monash University that explains how to creat a Vcard and attach it to your messages in Thunderbird: http://www.its.monash.edu.au/staff/email/signatures/vcard.html

Now you may ask, "why a Vcard?" Well it seems to show in the instructions info about putting a log into the Vcard. So this could be a way for you to have your logo in it and show up in you messages. Try it out and send yourself a test message and see what happens. This all I can find ATM. :)

Last edited:
Hey Heater, I figured it out. What ever the logo is that you wish to attach, have it somewhere on the computer that you are using to send your Thunderbird e-mails. Now open up T-Bird and go to tools and go to account settings. Now check the box for the Signature thing. Then click Coose. Navigate to where the image file is stored. Be it JPG, GIF, PNG... Click on it to open/set it, blah blah blah :D Now click OK and close out the window. And that's it. Oh, when you send an e-mail it will probably as you if you wish to send it as plain text, plain text and html, or html. Now you have to send all your messages as plain text and html. If you send any as plain text only the image will no show up. Other bad thing is if any of the messages are sent to people or companies that can't read html in their e-mails then the logo will not show. Kinda sucks but this is what I came up with. Now if anyone has a brainstorm idea that will do a workaround... GREAT. :p This is all I can figure out ATM.

Awesome Thanks, Gonaads.

That's what I was doing wrong, sending plain text only,

Thanks a million for your help, Bud

Heeter

well FF 2 doesn't let me open up external links in it. I have no idea what to do. I've been on google for about 30 minutes and can't find anything...

Please help!

EDIT...ignore this post. I fixed it by going into Set Program Defaults in windows.

Last edited:
Hello all - Ive got a strange issue that makes me think my computer is hijacked or something. I am using Thunderbird 1.07 and almost every time I click "get mail" a blank email appears in my inbox with only a dash (-) in the 'from' column. The email appears to be generated by my own computer as it always comes in at the exact time that I click the get mail button. When I open these emails, they have random different content - for example the last three looked like this...

------=_Part_84486_5192256.1161572897796--

------=_NextPart_000_11FB_01C6F878.A6532A70--

------=_Part_11896450_13571965.1161965831108--

One before that just had some random HTML tags in it like </table> </font> etc..

Whats even stranger is that when I login to use my webmail account (same POP3 server) these emails do not appear... Any guesses? Or Fixes?

Hey guys, how the hell do I load the bookmarks in Firefox 2 in the display pane like I can in Internet Explorer 7?

Basically I just want all my bookmarks/favorites to be present on the left side of the screen, locked in place. I have the choice to do this to my browsing history, but I can't for the bookmarks.

Cheers for help :)

Hey All,

How do I get FF2 to open bookmarked pages in new tab? As well, how do I get whatever I type in the address bar to open in a new tab?

Heeter

Hey All,

How do I get FF2 to open bookmarked pages in new tab? As well, how do I get whatever I type in the address bar to open in a new tab?

Heeter
Middle-click (or Ctrl+click) the bookmark.
Hit Alt+Enter after entering a URL in the address box.

he's right you know Heeter ;) I guess you did not want to change the default behaviour - did you?

Well, I am trying to teach my wife, who is totally computer illiterate, to use firefox2, but keystroke shortcuts are too much to bear, LOLOL

Seriously though, I was able to just single left click off the bookmarks list onto a new tab, and as well just hitting enter off the address bar to open a new tab.

Oh well, why remove those options,

Heeter

XUL Tab Browser Extensions is what used, and I really liked it, really configurable,

I will look at this Tab Mix Plus,

Thanks again, G-naads,

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back