The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Awesome, just what I needed, Thanks again,

Heeter

Hmm, I tried to do a search to see if this has been mentioned already but the search didn't work at all...

Neat extension I just found (never knew about):
MinimizeToTray
Works for Firefox & Thunderbird, I initially found it looking for extensions for Sunbird but it's buggy with Sunbird... it loads 2 Sunbird processes.
URL: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2110/

Hiya all,

trying to figure out how to make Thunderbird open firefox instead IE. Everytime I click on an email link from my thunderbird, it opens IE.

Thanks,

Heeter

is a plugin nessary to play music samples from allmusic.com in firefox?
thanks

:) Microsoft Finally Gives in and develops an Official WMV Plug in for Firefox.

I know for those of us who have to use third party addons, which usually do not work very well for sites that rely on WMV.

"When the [Open Source Software Lab] was created at Microsoft people thought it to be another Microsoft marketing ploy," writes OSSL developer Hank Janssen on his team's blog today, in a post entitled, "We're Writing Firefox Plug-ins?." "Well I can tell you that that is certainly not the case here at OSSL."

While Firefox users have generally been able to play MP3 audio files, and MPEG2 and MPEG4 videos, using Apple's QuickTime player plug-in, streaming of some Microsoft-specific formats such as WMV has sometimes been elusive. Depending on your setup, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And Web sites that depend on access to the WMP console - including, admittedly, Microsoft co-owned and operated sites such as MSNBC.com - have sometimes responded with cryptic messages saying videos are unavailable. Up to now, MSNBC.com told viewers using Firefox they couldn't see videos from the site...with a video showing an MSNBC anchor delivering the apology directly.

But with the plug-in installed, that's changed; and now, Windows XP SP2 and Vista users who have Windows Media Player 11 can now be assured they can see videos from Microsoft's and other's sites whose video display abilities relies on their accessibility to Microsoft's rights management on the client side. Sites that didn't have this problem in Firefox - such as CBSNews.com - continue to work well.
Download it at PORT25 - Microsoft's Open source labs

LINK

Nice find tdinc, works great.

Hmmm, I wonder what else MicroSquish put in that plugin. :rolleyes: :p

Hiya all,

trying to figure out how to make Thunderbird open firefox instead IE. Everytime I click on an email link from my thunderbird, it opens IE.

Thanks,

Heeter

Make Firefox your default browser or you could probably do this, which is intended for linux, http://www.j79zlr.com/howto.php?id=57

Change the /path/to/firefox part to "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

And your profile directory would be in Documents and Settings\NAME\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\PROFILENAME

The User Interface of Firefox 3: Features:)
Alex Faaborg posted some great stuff about ff3 in his blog. good stuff

Firefox 3 is going to provide a wide range of improvements to performance, stability, and security, and it’s also going to present several new user facing features. Here is a quick recap of design work that’s been going on in the Mozilla community over the past few weeks for Firefox 3, along with information about how you can help contribute, by providing feedback on these designs, or creating your own UI mockups.

continue reading

blog.mozilla.com

Want Thumbnails in Your Tabs, I Just finished reading a article over at cybernet reviewing a FF extension called Informational Tab. been using it and so far i like it:)link

cybernet review:

All it really does is show a small thumbnail and progress bar in each tab. I didn’t think such a small image would actually be useful, but you’d be surprised how many sites have unique color schemes that make them easily distinguishable. After a little bit I almost found myself navigating solely by looking at the thumbnails.

There aren’t too many things that you can configure compared to some other extensions, but I was surprised at how many things I could adjust in such a simple extension:

* Pick the position of where the preview appears on each tab.
* Choose the size of the preview. It can be a fixed size, or it can be a percentage of the tab width.
* The progress bar can be configured to show on the Status Bar, on each individual tab, or both.
* Emphasis can be added to the title of unread tabs.
* Configure the positioning of the close button (on each tab, only on the active tab, or at the end of the tab bar).

186aa.png

Learn Firefox has more screenshots including some of all the different configuration options. You should also checkout our top 10 tab-related Firefox extensions for some similar tools.

Re: Thumbnails, IE does it much better than FF. It's no comparison :(

I have been using FireFox, I never got a chance to use Thunderbird. But i do like the plugins, especially the IE tab when i need the function of IE.

Firefox, Portable Edition 3 Beta 5

Mozilla Firefox®, Portable Edition is available packaged with Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 5, allowing you to test all the latest features in the upcoming version without disrupting your current Firefox installation. Please note that Firefox 3 Beta 5 is a developer preview release of Mozilla's next generation Firefox browser and is being made available for testing purposes only
Download link

I have to say, FF3 is Rockin... this is the final beta.

It better be. Firefox was upto 200+MB of memory usage on 3 simple tabs last night.

So much for efficiency with the new updates.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back