ps3 or xbox360?

i'm looking into buying the ps3 as wel, right now there are really no games i want to play on the ps3. but it looks like november will be insane for ps3 releases.

To upgrade the drive, is it just a simple swap, where is the o/s installed on a flash drive or on the HD?

There is plenty of info on the net just Google it

The information below I read from 1up.com

1up Article

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuyQPW3bDS0

Seagate is the company that produced all of the 60 gig HD's for PS3.
The 60 gig in the PS3 was a Serial ATA (SATA), 60 gig, 5400 rpm., 2.5 inch internal hard drive that is also used in many laptops.

People have said to stay away from 7200 rpm HD's because they over-heat. I would also stay away from ATA or Ultra ATA HD's because that's not what's in your PS3.

Last edited:
I gave in and bought the Pro Holiday Bundle on Sunday :smoker:

And I am loving the H3 campaign (I'm 4 levels in)... much better than the H1 campaign and the weaker H2 campaign has got nothing on this. :D

Hopefully I'll get my internet connection at home sorted out so I can get on Live soon :D

There is nothing more fun than playing the campaign over the internet with upto 3 other friends (4 total).

Trust me, on Legendary, it's BRUTAL in parts, but sooooooo fun :cool:

Personally, I think nothing comes close to the original Halo, other than maybe Gears of War. Halo 3 is a step-up from Halo 2, mainly because of the game-play innovations and some wicked fights :D

I have been watching this thread before I wanted to post. By all means I will give my personal opinion on the question at hand PS3 or 360. :)

I have been gaming since the days of the 2600. (good lord I feel old) anyway, i have played and owned pretty much all the main gaming systems that have been on this planet. By no means am I claiming to be an expert in gaming, I always based my decisions on any new system on one question. Will the system have Games, Plenty of them. that was usually the selling point, that is what made my decision to buy a SEGA Genesis over the Turbo Graphix 16 during the 16-bit wars. fast-forwarding to PS2 vs XBOX, I decided to go with the PS2 because I felt Sony at the time was serious about gaming because of the success of the Playstation. Nintendo was nowhere to be found and Microsoft was showing potential with the XBOX, The Games were there but I didn't want a MS product.

Now we have the Next-Gen wars, Nintendo comes out of nowhere with the Wii the 360 looks great with HD-DVD support. but Sony had the Blu-ray and the Cell.

Here are my reasons why I decided to go with the 80 gig PS3. I have only about 4 hours total gameplay since I bought it. I have been working like crazy and have not had any free time.:cry:

Easy HD Upgrade to 120gig
Blu-Ray Player
Linux
The Cell
Bluetooth wireless controllers
Folding @Home
Games

its up to you I guess I just Like Sony better.

I am holding off on buying the ps3 till

a) they get more games
b) they have actual RUMBLE on the ****ing controllers, this is not the PSONE.

Will most likely use it as a full-time folding/blu-ray device though. There are no graphical improvements and I prefer the Xbox360 controllers. The wireless controllers are pretty b/a tbh :cool: Good range, great batter life and you can plug your mic directly into the sucker :D

i thought the graphics on the ps3 where better? is this wrong?

i thought the graphics on the ps3 where better? is this wrong?

you aren't wrong and you aren't right :laugh:

The power of the two systems are pretty even. Some say the cell processor is more powerful, and it probably is, the gpu is also pretty even with the 360 but the ps3 is (according to many developers) harder to program for. So in essence the graphics should be equal on both the learning curve of developing for the ps3 is much steeper.

With companies rushing games and out and making them multiplatform most developers don't have the time to fine tune the ps3 version of games.

Also a lot of development is started out on the 360 and ported to the pc and ps3, so the finer details are missed sometimes.

There is nothing more fun than playing the campaign over the internet with upto 3 other friends (4 total).

Trust me, on Legendary, it's BRUTAL in parts, but sooooooo fun :cool:

Yeah, I'm playing on Heroic right now and was saving the Legendary for online co-op. Can't wait to try it out.

Personally, I think nothing comes close to the original Halo, other than maybe Gears of War. Halo 3 is a step-up from Halo 2, mainly because of the game-play innovations and some wicked fights :D
I think H1 campaign went down hill in the second half (minus the last level), and the H2 campaign was just boring.

The level design in H3 is just awesome and sets up moment after moment of crazy fights. They've fixed the issues they had in the first two games like repetitive levels, and those Flood levels that were too long.

I'm on the last level now and should be wrapping it up tonight :)

As for GoW... after the initial "ooh, pretty graphics" phase, it felt meh.

Dude, how about this :D

Let's setup a 4 person Legendary mode frag fest :cool:

Think about it.

My xbox live ID is Sazarius.

Gears of War, for me, it's about the way the game dev's paid attention to detail and the way the game progresses. I was impressed with the graphics and the game play although I think there may be better stories out there :)

Still, definitely a winner in the gaming department.

you aren't wrong and you aren't right :laugh:

The power of the two systems are pretty even. Some say the cell processor is more powerful, and it probably is, the gpu is also pretty even with the 360 but the ps3 is (according to many developers) harder to program for. So in essence the graphics should be equal on both the learning curve of developing for the ps3 is much steeper.

With companies rushing games and out and making them multiplatform most developers don't have the time to fine tune the ps3 version of games.

Also a lot of development is started out on the 360 and ported to the pc and ps3, so the finer details are missed sometimes.

Also, the overall processing power on the ps3 is greater BUT it has less memory available than the Xbox. There are therefore trade-off's that are made.

I think Dirt is the only game that performs a bit better on the ps3 right now and this is primarily because of the extra time Codemasters took to develop the game. So, if the other devs continue spending more time on each console, we will see better performance and graphics.

Halo, for example, not the greatest graphics, but it has great gameplay and it progresses the story nicely :)

i'm going to LA in november for a conference and never been there, so really need a gps, but i also need a music player as well, man this looks sick.

When ya comin? The fires might not last that long... or we could all be refugees.

on the 14th of november until the 18th i believe.

Dude, how about this :D

Let's setup a 4 person Legendary mode frag fest :cool:

Think about it.

My xbox live ID is Sazarius.

Hell yeah dude, I'm down. :D

Just let me sort out my internet and Live account, and I shall let you know.

I got my coffin yesterday for my Xbox 360 , the girl at the purolator counter said she has see tons of these boxes being sent back and forth !

Hell yeah dude, I'm down. :D

Just let me sort out my internet and Live account, and I shall let you know.

Sweet :D

Anyone else in?

We need 2 more peeps for whenever grandmaster can get his head out of his pants and sort out his stuff :cool:

the what counter... ?

The Purolator counter

http://www.purolator.com/

Thats what MS uses here to ship coffins back and forth ... she said she has seen tons of them , there were so many at one time MS had a shortage of boxes to send to people... The one thing I do like is that that gave everyone a full 3 years .... and you pay nothing for shipping , they are even paying people back money that they had spent to get their Xbox's fixed ... at least they did the right thing in the end, but there is a major design flaw that needed to be fixed , I am hopeing that when I get mine back they have fixed it for good.

well is the issue fixed now on new 360's being built?

^ Yes, it should be. Although I can't say objectively that the new ones are completely immune.

---

While I await for my internet hookup, you folks can check out my Halo 3 Campaign review ;)

Well i eventually got one... i know i know i said the ps3, but the xbox 360 pro bundle had one of the only games i really wanted to play. Forza 2.

So far i've barely touched it, but perhaps tonight i'll sit down and play it.

is it really worth getting gears of war or halo three are they really that great. or is hl2 orange box a better option?

My Xbox 360 came back within a week !! Holy cow that was fast ... seems like they fixed it no more noisey DVD rom and no more red circle of death

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back