ps3 or xbox360?

I'll admit there are some areas where sony could improve.
But i hardly think better games make spending 450 worth it.

Personally Im disgusted with the new Halo games, Halo 2, and 3, were to me horrible.
Shame on microsoft for changing the games around so much, that they share nothing in common with #1.

I do not own an Xbox 360, or a Ps3.

I have played an Xbox 360 more than the ps3, and i have to say I wasn't impressed.
I have played the ps3 for about 2 hours.

And I was impressed, mainly with graphics.

Ok, first of all only Halo 3 is out specifically for Xbox360. The upconverted versions of 1 and 2 look GREAT on the Xbox360. I am a happy camper with Halo3, I think its a tremendous game and the online is wonderful. Heck, just being able to campaign with someone else directly through online WITHOUT having to do a system link or have my buddy over at my place wins it for me.

If you enjoy Halo, you will likely enjoy the last of the story arc. If not, it's up in the air. There are a lot of common factors and denominators but I can't force you to enjoy the game :)

Regarding the graphics, if you play the PS3 and the Xbox on like televisions, there should be very little difference, if any. Dirt is about the only game I know of which is supposed to feel better, due to higher frame-rates. And this has less to do with the power of the system than Codemasters spending more time optimizing (PS3 was the LAST platform it came out for, having debuted on the Xbox360 and then the PC).

The major win, as I mentioned above, is with racing wheels. My xbox360 is happily residing as a media extender as well, btw. Seamlessly done, very easy to use and no additional tools required.

Additionally, you HAVE to consider the game library. I went to Fry's the other day, 2 and a half aisles of Xbox games with several exclusives. 1 aisle of PS3 games and a coupla exclusives. Additionally, cross-platform games will be debuting first on the Xbox, than the PC and somewhere in the future, on the PS3.

I spent a couple of months doing research on the 2 consoles and there is no comparison. The PS3 is a great console but, the lack of a proper game library is killing it.

Xbox360 rules my world, is just so nice to play on, and i have yet to find a more fun online game than Halo3, which takes over from my previos best game of Halo 2 :p Everything from the wireless controlers + linking to media center to stream music is brilliant.

Ok, first of all only Halo 3 is out specifically for Xbox360. The upconverted versions of 1 and 2 look GREAT on the Xbox360. I am a happy camper with Halo3, I think its a tremendous game and the online is wonderful. Heck, just being able to campaign with someone else directly through online WITHOUT having to do a system link or have my buddy over at my place wins it for me.

If you enjoy Halo, you will likely enjoy the last of the story arc. If not, it's up in the air. There are a lot of common factors and denominators but I can't force you to enjoy the game :)

Regarding the graphics, if you play the PS3 and the Xbox on like televisions, there should be very little difference, if any. Dirt is about the only game I know of which is supposed to feel better, due to higher frame-rates. And this has less to do with the power of the system than Codemasters spending more time optimizing (PS3 was the LAST platform it came out for, having debuted on the Xbox360 and then the PC).

The major win, as I mentioned above, is with racing wheels. My xbox360 is happily residing as a media extender as well, btw. Seamlessly done, very easy to use and no additional tools required.

Additionally, you HAVE to consider the game library. I went to Fry's the other day, 2 and a half aisles of Xbox games with several exclusives. 1 aisle of PS3 games and a coupla exclusives. Additionally, cross-platform games will be debuting first on the Xbox, than the PC and somewhere in the future, on the PS3.

I spent a couple of months doing research on the 2 consoles and there is no comparison. The PS3 is a great console but, the lack of a proper game library is killing it.
I knew halo 3 was only for xb360.
Doesn't change anything for me.

I am an unbiased user.
I dont have either machine.
My opinion stands.

I am an unbiased user.
I dont have either machine.
My opinion stands. [

I agree with your sentiments and I was THIS close to buying a ps3. But, the reasons I didn't buy it are the very reasons I posted.

These are the same reasons why the xbox continues to outsell the ps3 even now.

I agree with your sentiments and I was THIS close to buying a ps3. But, the reasons I didn't buy it are the very reasons I posted.

These are the same reasons why the xbox continues to outsell the ps3 even now.
Im still not certain on that.
The only reason I think the xb360 out sells the ps3, is because of price.
The difference isn't bad now.
But at the beginning, with a 200 dollar difference...
Sony lost out big time, by letting Xb360 get a leg up.
Also, the fact that the xb360 was out a year before the ps3.... that kinda helps.

People know the xbox 360, its a white system, its friendly looking.

People don't know the ps3, especially parents.

There are far less games, far less QUALITY games on the PS3.

There are far less games, far less QUALITY games on the PS3.
Aight, Im out, dont want to get in an argument about something I don't really care about.
Im getting a ps3 though.
Thanks for affirming my thoughts on it ;)

I'm waiting for the 40gb, and for it to drop to my price-point before I pick it up :D

The rumble should be available by then. Can use it for folding and for GT5. I am hoping that the full version of GT5 is out by then.

Well it looks like I'll definitely be picking up an Elite when the new bundles come out at the end of this month. Even if it is Black... looks sexier in real life than I originally thought :p

Now the wait begins. You guys think I should preorder? (No store has 360s in stock right now)

Can't wait to play Halo 3. And I'm undecided about getting a second game with it, but it would be one of: Bioshock, Orange Box, or Mass Effect. Somebody have another recommendation?

---

Also going to try to grab a Wii if I get lucky. Those things are impossible to get.

Best Buy has xbox's in stock. That's where I picked mine up from. Purchased the warranty as well and they have already replaced a faulty adapter with no pain involved, very nice :cool:

For the price, I think you would be very hard-pressed not to pick the Orange Box. It's just a blast all around :cool:

how is the play experience on the xbox vs the pc when it comes to hl2?

Well it looks like I'll definitely be picking up an Elite when the new bundles come out at the end of this month. Even if it is Black... looks sexier in real life than I originally thought :p

Now the wait begins. You guys think I should preorder? (No store has 360s in stock right now)

Can't wait to play Halo 3. And I'm undecided about getting a second game with it, but it would be one of: Bioshock, Orange Box, or Mass Effect. Somebody have another recommendation?

---

Also going to try to grab a Wii if I get lucky. Those things are impossible to get.

I genuinely would go for the premium instead of the elite. I use Transcode 360 to stream files from my Media Center PC to my 360. So I have had 0 use for the 120 GB hard drive. or even my 20GB hard drive.

I'm not up on what's in the elite bundle but I didnt see it as much of a value.

Also the next game of all games...Mass Effect. Bioware does it again. I am dying to get this game...now if only KOTOR 3 would get announced and be done by bioware instead of obsidian.

Best Buy has xbox's in stock. That's where I picked mine up from. Purchased the warranty as well and they have already replaced a faulty adapter with no pain involved, very nice :cool:

For the price, I think you would be very hard-pressed not to pick the Orange Box. It's just a blast all around :cool:

I just checked the BestBuy and EB websites, and some stores have like 1-3 units... once I get home I'll have to call and find out.

Update: These are only the new Pro bundles... no Elites right now.

I'm now watching http://xbox360tracker.com/elite/

I genuinely would go for the premium instead of the elite. I use Transcode 360 to stream files from my Media Center PC to my 360. So I have had 0 use for the 120 GB hard drive. or even my 20GB hard drive.

I'm not up on what's in the elite bundle but I didnt see it as much of a value.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm seriously considering ditching the Elite again :p

Last edited:
Okay so I'm looking at Transcode 360... it seems like I'll need a Media Center Extender or Vista. I don't have either.

Is there a way to make it work with XP?

Edit: with a bit of Googling, it seems like it won't work with XP, unless I run MCE through VMware. Too much trouble.

Last edited:
Okay so I'm looking at Transcode 360... it seems like I'll need a Media Center Extender or Vista. I don't have either.

Is there a way to make it work with XP?

Edit: with a bit of Googling, it seems like it won't work with XP, unless I run MCE through VMware. Too much trouble.

I have a solution...look up tversity...it works just like transcode 360 yet with any version of Windows. and even works with all sorts of devices like the wii!!!

also the 360 IS a media center extender...FYI

edit...I meant tversity works with the 360 and all sorts of other devices...

how is the play experience on the xbox vs the pc when it comes to hl2?

Other than Gears of War and the Halo series, I would think a keyboard and mouse combination would be the right way to go.

I might try playing HL2 with my xbox controller when I get home for the heck of it. See if that works lol.

I have a solution...look up tversity...it works just like transcode 360 yet with any version of Windows. and even works with all sorts of devices like the wii!!!

also the 360 IS a media center extender...FYI

edit...I meant tversity works with the 360 and all sorts of other devices...

Tversity looks awesome. Thanks!

grandmaster there is an amazing game about to come out.

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/experience/

Looks sick. I'll be on the look out. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back