Life sentence for cyber crimes.

Originally posted by ECO
That's totally wrong, look up the words in a dictionary.

I missed your post earlier. I also don't understand what you're saying. Be more specific so I can answer.
I don't think I went wrong in my post tho. Morality is learned and patriotism sort of makes an exception for certain things in certain situations. A subrule of morality if you will.

Originally posted by Parting Ways
This whole country is need of some serious reform.

I agree completely. I this doesn't go for just your country. Many are the same.

Snookbooger is exactly right, it has nothing to do with "Distribution" of drugs or pressuring anyone into doing drugs. the truth is no money in the form of taxes are made off illegal drug sales and thats what the gov't wants, your money. the entire responsibility of the gov't is to redistribute funds they collect from you via taxes and spend it the way they see fit. oh and also they make laws to make sure you do as they see fit lol
i just find it ridiculously hypocritical that the gov't see's "drugs" which if you added all these illegal drugs up in terms of deaths, you wouldn't even come close to cigarette and alcohol, they find these morally and ethically wrong and even worse illegal an unlawful.

Of course gov. is just like any other large corporation, if it can't make money on it doesn't like it. I agree with what you were saying about Alcohol and cigarettes, they kills tons of people, but hey don't sell pot it might make you mellow. Our gov. is so hypocritical about everything, it is a shame more people don't go out and vote and help change things.

ok...so everyone deserves a second chance?

i don't think so...why?

id rather sentence every murderer to death, and deal with the few innocent ones, than have to worry about one of them killing again on his first day out on parole.

kinda dumb that we have all these guys in for life, doing nothing but working out in a gym, becoming better educated, and generally eating up taxpayer's money...

it's not worth the taxes to keep these guys off the streets and behind bars, and honestly, id rather pay taxes toward caskets and lethal injections than some lifer that has a cool place in the summer, and a warm place in the winter, gets to work out in a gym, and be educated, for free...

if someone killed me, i would sure as hell want him to be dead, regardless of what my family feels, besides...its the dead guys opinion that counts right?

unfortuneately for those of you that believe there's a little bit of good in everyone, by the time you figure out the truth, it will be to late...

Well put! Have you ever heard of Sherrif Apallo (I think that's how it's spelled)? Pink drawers, no gym, Barney on B&W 12" TV (suspended 22 feet in the air, surounded by a steel cage), moldy bread for breakfast (cuts down on the need for penicillin) and chain-gangs for exercise. The only thing he's missing is a Whipping Boss with a one pound leather!:D

you commit murder you die...you commit manslaughter you may get a second chance...there are differences in what a person is convicted for when it comes to killing a person...someone that kills in self defense is not convicted of murder and doesn't deserve to die...I say you take a life on purpose and you die...you ruin someone's life by hacking into their 2000 dollard piece of machinery and you deserve the punishment...life in prison no but a stern punishment yes.

Also I think Jails are too comfy for convicts anyway...I think that they should get bread and water and nothing else...none of this TV B***SH**...I have a very good idea...don't commit crime and don't worry about it...it's that simple...

Originally posted by Tekumze
I don't agree.

You can be pressured to use drugs BUT in the end it's your own decision unless you're doing it at gunpoint.

It should be ones own responsibility to care for himself and that includes finding out the effects of things he uses.

We should be responsible of things we do and not put the burden of responsibility on the government.

People are all to keen to trust the government to make the thinking for them. I see it happening everywhere.

I must say I don't agree either, but I was stating what the government basically believes, so as not to make you believe I was speaking from personal opinion. ;)

Originally posted by Seekely
to the person who said "look up the words in the dictionary"....were you arguing that he was wrong in stating that patriotism implies to citizens that killing is right/justified?

My argument was that Tekumze's statements for both morality and patriotism were, as a whole, wrong because they conflict with their true definitions.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with what's right and what's wrong.

Morality totally has to do with what's right and what's wrong. That's what basically distinguishes it from rules.

Referring to everything said about patriotism:

Patriotism is only "devotion to one's country". That, strictly speaking, has nothing to do with morality. A patriotic person may or may not be a moral person.

Quote:
An example would be that morality says it's not right to kill somebody BUT patriotism says it's OK to do it to a supposed opponent of the group of people we belong to...

There are no laid out patriotic rules. A patriotic person can believe anything, as long as the person is devoted to their country. A patriotic person has the right and may very well believe it's not OK to kill a person, even if that person may be "a supposed opponent of the group of people [they] belong to".

I didn't mean to come off harsh. :D

Re: HAHAHAHA

Originally posted by Phogoff
Pure comedy!!!!

For most of your own goods I suggest sticking to tech talk

Unless you like sounding stupid.

What you just said is the only thing that has ever sounded stupid in this thread.

Originally posted by Dlovely
Snookbooger is exactly right, it has nothing to do with "Distribution" of drugs or pressuring anyone into doing drugs. the truth is no money in the form of taxes are made off illegal drug sales and thats what the gov't wants, your money. the entire responsibility of the gov't is to redistribute funds they collect from you via taxes and spend it the way they see fit. oh and also they make laws to make sure you do as they see fit lol
i just find it ridiculously hypocritical that the gov't see's "drugs" which if you added all these illegal drugs up in terms of deaths, you wouldn't even come close to cigarette and alcohol, they find these morally and ethically wrong and even worse illegal an unlawful.

If that was the case, than marijuana would be legal by now.

Re: ...

Originally posted by dejav00
ok...so everyone deserves a second chance?

i don't think so...why?

id rather sentence every murderer to death, and deal with the few innocent ones, than have to worry about one of them killing again on his first day out on parole.

kinda dumb that we have all these guys in for life, doing nothing but working out in a gym, becoming better educated, and generally eating up taxpayer's money...

it's not worth the taxes to keep these guys off the streets and behind bars, and honestly, id rather pay taxes toward caskets and lethal injections than some lifer that has a cool place in the summer, and a warm place in the winter, gets to work out in a gym, and be educated, for free...

if someone killed me, i would sure as hell want him to be dead, regardless of what my family feels, besides...its the dead guys opinion that counts right?

unfortuneately for those of you that believe there's a little bit of good in everyone, by the time you figure out the truth, it will be to late...

It doesn't matter what you'd rather want when it means someone has to die. Also, everyone eats up taxpayers' money because it's from the people and for the people, which obviously includes criminals. There's no moral way around it because they are people too. To rather have someone die than to help them be a better person makes you sound like a criminal.

Quote: "Snookbooger is exactly right, it has nothing to do with "Distribution" of drugs or pressuring anyone into doing drugs. the truth is no money in the form of taxes are made off illegal drug sales and thats what the gov't wants, your money. the entire responsibility of the gov't is to redistribute funds they collect from you via taxes and spend it the way they see fit. oh and also they make laws to make sure you do as they see fit lol
i just find it ridiculously hypocritical that the gov't see's "drugs" which if you added all these illegal drugs up in terms of deaths, you wouldn't even come close to cigarette and alcohol, they find these morally and ethically wrong and even worse illegal an unlawful"

I don't know, I think I'll go report to my broom closet.:(

ECO, why would marijuana be legal by now?? i don't understand that statement and how it was construed from what i said. its illegal to smoke and probably not punished to the extent of other hard drugs but its still illegal. In Canada i remember seeing a story how its completely legal for people to smoke marijuana who have medical disorders and in fact their friends can grow it for them if they are unable to do so themselves. funny how ritalin, xanax, and various pain killers are prescribed with no hesistation and its legal, gee and i wonder why?? it all boils down to money and thats all there is to it. if laws weren't dependent on money then there would be no such thing as lobbyists who literally buy votes from politicians. sad but true, in a free market like the US, money is what rules the people here and the laws are then created around that. whatever is advantageous for a person to do is what decision they will make and people are easily influenced by money. there are moral/ethical people out there but they are not the majority.

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Maybe because they aren't collecting State and Federal Tax on the stuff.

Comeon now lets try thinking before we type... if the government wanted to make money on the drugs then they would legalize them and then put a tax on them... since they would be readily available then everyone would buy it from stores not dealers

WHOA there... ECO I can hardly read the posts fas as you write them. SLOW DOWN will ya :D

OK let's get serieus for a bit. I'll try to answer ALL your posts.

Morality totally has to do with what's right and what's wrong. That's what basically distinguishes it from rules.
Who determines what is right and wrong then? And why can he/she/it or they be allowed to determie that.

Here's an example for you:
You have 100 sick people. You have two choices. You can save noone or you can save all except one.

I assume you'd have no problem wit the decision right?

OK now let's say the choices are a little different.

You can save noone or you can save all BUT you have to kill one to do it.

What do you do... what is moral? What is right?

Morality would say not to kill anyone BUT it would also say that you can't just leave all of them to die. You see how morality is a bitdifferent from what we consider right and wrong. It's not the same.

Patriotism is only "devotion to one's country". That, strictly speaking, has nothing to do with morality. A patriotic person may or may not be a moral person.

I agree. BUT patriotism can and does change our actions to immoral when required. Therefore it has an impact on what we think is right to do... and it was YOU who said morality has all to do with what is right and what is wrong.

There are no laid out patriotic rules.
Exactly. But you have to know that there are no laid out morality rules also(speaking universaly). We get both rules with learning... that means we learn them from the group we are born in.

A patriotic person has the right and may very well believe it's not OK to kill a person, even if that person may be an opponent of the group
Last time I checked people refusing to fight against opponents were called unpatriotic.

In essence patriotism is pretty much the same as nationalism.

Some tribes were (and perhaps still are) canibals (spelling??). They consider eating dead people moral. Their patriotism considers eating opponents moral and good.

HOW SO? And WHY would one consider thoir actions immoral (without falling back to morality rules learned in some other culture)

let me take a breather now :eek:)

eh getting interesting in here wot?

I'll wait a bit before I start posting...

:)

xsk8zerox
I don't think governments COULD legalize drugs right now. The industry behind it is jus to strong and would kill "someones" profit and "they" would not like that.

From my perspective. The only thing a government would HAVE to do is educate people about things and then let them decide on their own if they want to do something.

I don't really care if someone drugs himself by his own choice. I certainly won't help him do that.

Let's face it. Dealers would not exist if there were no takers.

Well the reason its illegal is not because the governmant isnt making money off it... Look at it this way.. when drinking was illegal there was a huge underground for getting liquor and then once they lifted the prohibition everyone stopped going to the dealers to get there liquor and went to stores and bars again because that was easier and the exact same thing would happen if marijuana was legal

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back