Life sentence for cyber crimes.

sooo... I don't see a problem with people getting high somewhere.

I'd just lock em up until they land so they could not drive in that state.

XSK, they wouldn't legalize drugs not because they could tax it, but because you can make more "fighting" drugs. ever go into a court to fight a ticket or something and hear the amount of money they make there? if they legalized it then police would be out of jobs and task forces would be sitting around twiddling their thumbs. oh and then the jail industry would plummet. its a viscious cycle and each agency depends on the other. you can definitely make more $$ criminalizing drugs than u can legalizing them. oh ya and i forgot about the seizures of money and assets that police make and add that to the bill lol.

Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by ECO

It doesn't matter what you'd rather want when it means someone has to die. Also, everyone eats up taxpayers' money because it's from the people and for the people, which obviously includes criminals. There's no moral way around it because they are people too. To rather have someone die than to help them be a better person makes you sound like a criminal.

Noooo...It's from the people for the people on government salary and welfare (im talkin about politicians, the military can have my money).

And yeah, I'd rather just kill the b@$7@rd and have it done with that let him live...

And about me being a criminal...you think I would want them dead if I was one?

::sigh::

The School System
The Justice System
etc

all are screwed, and I agree with snook on this one...just kill them...

and BTW: Thomas Edison was a brilliant man...he wouldn't have built the electric chair on contract for the US government without believing in it's cause, now, why can't we all just be like him?

Originally posted by catch23
If two wrongs don't make a right....then why do two negatives make a positive...

negatives rn't wrongs
and that only works with numbers:p :D

you know what...we should just drop criminals like a mile away from shore and see if they can swim back...if they die they die if they make it we buy them some twinkies!!!!!!!!

I don't think that's a good idea. That would be considered cruel and unusual. You'll be the guy selling twinkies to pay for their multi-million dollar lawsuits.:D

Quote: "just nuke 'em all"

I don't know. I don't believe we are on the "list" as essential personnel...? Anyway, whats about the Dooms-Day Shroud? I don't think our umbrellas will help us.:D

Originally posted by Tekumze
Last time I checked people refusing to fight against opponents were called unpatriotic.

You don't have to kill anyone to be patriotic. Patriotism is much, much larger than possibly being willing to kill or be violent, as you make it out to be. I don't see how you can believe this. From the point you are basically trying to make about patriotism, it sounds like only military personnel are patriotic. Everyone has the ability to be patriotic. It's something that begins inside a person.

In essence patriotism is pretty much the same as nationalism.

Though patriotism and nationalism are similar, they are two different words for a reason.

I think that patriotism is a word that doesn't belong in a discussion about capital punishment, because it's not patriotic to kill one of your own, but more importantly it's not patriotic to kill someone who is not directly threatening anyone's life (refering to capital punishment). As support, I mention to you the Rules Of Engagement for military personnel. Though I cannot tell you for sure, since I'm not in the military, I'm pretty sure it puts the option of killing someone at the bottom of the list of what should be done, and even then only for defensive purposes.

Some tribes were (and perhaps still are) canibals (spelling??). They consider eating dead people moral. Their patriotism considers eating opponents moral and good.

I don't think that they consider eating dead people moral, because by definition that doesn't make sense. I'm sure you should have used a different word. They most likely eat dead people as a sign of strength and courage. I believe the right word you were looking for is honorable.

Quote: "I don't think that they consider eating dead people moral, because by definition that doesn't make sense. I'm sure you should have used a different word. They most likely eat dead people as a sign of strength and courage. I believe the right word you were looking for is honorable"

I don't know... Maybe they eat dead people because they ate all their hay in the summer.:D

You don't have to kill anyone to be patriotic.
Yes I know that. It was just an example of someone being called unpatriotic if he doesn't want to fight. The reason I mentioned killing someone is coz it's easy to see where wrong suddenly becomes right or so we think.

Everyone has the ability to be patriotic. It's something that begins inside a person.
Yep... same as nationalism.

Though patriotism and nationalism are similar, they are two different words for a reason.
They are two different words alright. But the reasons and emotions behind patriotism and nationalism are the same. There's a very thin line between them and it gets crossed VERY quickly and VERY often.

I mention to you the Rules Of Engagement for military personnel.
I'm pretty sure it puts the option of killing someone at the bottom of the list of what should be done, and even then only for defensive purposes.
Heh... I am sorry to disapoint you but war is a very dirty business. The rules you mentioned get broken more often than not. Just look at WW2... and you don't have to look just on the axis side. All sides did their share of killing.

Also if you noticed my "location" in profile you'd know That I live in one of the countries that emerged from former Yugoslavia.

Yugoslavia is a nice example of patriotism gone wrong and sliding into pure nationalism. Not much can be said about ROE (Rules Of Engagement) here also.

I don't think that they consider eating dead people moral, because by definition that doesn't make sense.
It was you who said that morality is what we consider right and wrong. I guess they don't consider eating people wrong. That's why I called it moral.

You're constantly mentioning a definition morality (I think). Where did you get the definition? Why do you think that definition is the right one and ewho has the right to define morality.

It was you who said that morality is what we consider right and wrong. I guess they don't consider eating people wrong. That's why I called it moral.

You're constantly mentioning a definition morality (I think). Where did you get the definition? Why do you think that definition is the right one and ewho has the right to define morality.

The reason I said that the tribes eating dead people is not a moral thing because it does not help anyone, it's not something that is for the greater good. The word morality can't be used in every case.

Why do I have the feeling you're avoiding my questions?

As to eating. Are you sure it doesn't help them? I think it does... at least mentally.

I am pretty sure it doesn't hurt nobody coz the guys they eat are already dead. So why would canibalism be immoral? Who gives you the right to say it's immoral? You could after all be wrong?

Please don't take this questions personally... I am just trying to lure you into an answer.

Another question.

WHy do some consider bullfighting an immoral sport while they are fishing with live bait.

I mean they are killing two animals while they are condeming killing one animal?

And please don't just say it's DIFFERENT. Tell me WHY is it different.

I hung out with a canablistic tribe. Through careful observation, I concluded that the reason they eat dead people is because they ate all their hay in the SUMMER. Now, please STOP with all of the philosophical nonsence!

LOL... Snooker. If you don't like it than why are you reading it.

It's not like I am force feeding you. :)

I like this kind of discussions so unless ECO bails out on me I am not stopping.

Go ECO... write something philosophical. ;)

I am pretty sure it doesn't hurt nobody coz the guys they eat are already dead. So why would canibalism be immoral? Who gives you the right to say it's immoral? You could after all be wrong?

I never said what they are doing is immoral. If you don't understand something, ask me. Don't make accusations only on interpretation. There is a difference between immorality and not having to do with morality. What I'm trying to say by this is some tribe, with all of the same beliefs, who eat there own who are already dead is not a good thing, but yet not really a bad thing [for them].

Let me know if this makes sense to you. ;)

eh... I didn't get all the answers... a pitty

Here are two quotes from your posts.
I never said what they are doing is immoral

I said that the tribes eating dead people is not a moral thing

You tell me what you said and what you didn't. English is not my native language so there might be possibility that "not moral" doesn't equal "immoral".

who eat there own who are already dead is not a good thing, but yet not really a bad thing [for them].

Why is it not a good thing? Why? Why? Where is a code... a universal law... something, anything that says why this is not a good thing.

You got me confused here. I can't fugure out what you really mean by what you say. It might be me... than again it might be you :)

When you write something please tell me WHY you think that way so I can understand your point of view.

Personally i`m quite happy to see any type of hackers locked up for life. The vast majority are doing it for malicious purposes. When these idiots make companies loose millions of dollars due to their exploits or thousands of people get their pc`s shafted by some idiots virus or trojan creation they deserve a good long sentence, not a slapped wrist.

I`ll be happy when they make em have their fingers sliced off, until then i`ll continue to campaign for them to be locked up for a very long time indeed.

Yeah, and these crackers/hackers cause me to spend money on elaborate security systems for my rig causing me to steal from the kid's college fund!

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back