Life sentence for cyber crimes.

Yeah, to house an inmate on death row costs $30,000+ a year. Now, I'll pull the switch or push the needle for $25,000 a year plus medical. I'll wave dental benifits to save the taxpayer's money. Now, what could be more logical than that!:D

I know a hacker. (No names) But i think you are confused with Hacking and Cracking.

cracker n.

One who breaks security on a system. Coined ca. 1985 by hackers in defense against journalistic misuse of hacker (q.v., sense 8). An earlier attempt to establish `worm' in this sense around 1981-82 on Usenet was largely a failure.

hacker n.

[originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe] 1. A person who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and how to stretch their capabilities, as opposed to most users, who prefer to learn only the minimum necessary. 2. One who programs enthusiastically (even obsessively) or who enjoys programming rather than just theorizing about programming. 3. A person capable of appreciating hack value. 4. A person who is good at programming quickly. 5. An expert at a particular program, or one who frequently does work using it or on it; as in `a Unix hacker'. (Definitions 1 through 5 are correlated, and people who fit them congregate.) 6. An expert or enthusiast of any kind. One might be an astronomy hacker, for example. 7. One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations. 8. [deprecated] A malicious meddler who tries to discover sensitive information by poking around. Hence `password hacker', `network hacker'. The correct term for this sense is cracker.

Pityfull fools, You are talking about crackers. Not a hacker, on this basis i am a hacker.

whatever have fun.

peace

So we pay one person 25,000 a year and he puts down 100 inmates who committed murder, so based on your figures that would be 3,000,000 dollar for the cost of the inmates as opposed to 25,000 for the one person. I don't know that seems pretty logical to me :)

boo, Crackers are people too. :p

Let them live and we can have an American Cyber Army of Crackers that can break the AlQuida Peoples code stuff. Umm oops do camels support 128-bit encryption yet?:p :p :p

Nah, crackers belong in the box. Also, please don't slip me any Canadian pennys, my bank won't accept them.:D

Killing someone is as immoral as people make it.

That's the main reason why executioners are not thought of as murderers. In a way they work for the safety of the people.

Being moral or not is besides the point. The more powerful group will always rule and set rules by which to leave. If the group is powerful enough they can set rules while they don't live by it.

Morality is suppose to be a set of rules that enable us to live in a group and reap benefits from cooperation and not hurt each other in the proccess since that would hurt cooperation. It has nothing to do with what's right and what's wrong.

An extension of morality is Patriotism. It "enhances" the morality rules in a way that makes something moral to do only outside of certain group if that group really wants to do it. An example would be that morality says it's not right to kill smebody BUT patriotism says it's OK to do it to a supposed opponent of the group of a people we belong to(read: Country).

In a way these sets of rules make sense... but many times they get used for somebody elses motives.

OK enough for now... this thread is deteriorating anyway... I just hope someone intelligent still reads this and makes a coment.

Quote: "An extension of morality is Patriotism"

Naaah, who was it that said, "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.":D

Catch, people are let go from prisons because of something called drugs. you see when you convict a "drug user" and throw him in jail, he occupies a space. when there are no longer any more spaces to be filled, its called overpopulation. overpopulation is dangerous and not humane. the government then lets people get out of jail thus freeing much needed room. problem is the war on drugs will be the biggest failure ever other than the vietnam war. truth is the jail/prison industry is HUGE and brings tons of money to counties/gov'ts and gives peoples jobs and locks away all the bad people. problem is rehabilitation, if you plan to lock up problem people then atleast offer some type of education so that they don't come out and commit more crime. i find it interesting how someone who is jailed is supposed to serve lets say 10yrs, receives no education other then street smarts, is then let back into society with $200 and supposed to make a life for him or herself. im not for criminals but there has to be a better system then what is currently in use and its only getting worse. lock away the hardened criminals, not people who are drug users/addicts that don't hurt anyone but themselves.

Why should "druge users" be convicted? I mean... they didn't dom nothing to anybody but themselves and why do we take the right to tell them how to live their life.

As you said. They are hurting only themselves.

I agree we should help them if we can... and IF they want to be helped. Otherwise it's just a waste f money.

Drug usage is starting to be viewed as a "crime of innocence" (in the north-western part of the world at least). Let's see what happens...

Originally posted by Tekumze
Being moral or not is besides the point. The more powerful group will always rule and set rules by which to leave. If the group is powerful enough they can set rules while they don't live by it.

Morality is suppose to be a set of rules that enable us to live in a group and reap benefits from cooperation and not hurt each other in the proccess since that would hurt cooperation. It has nothing to do with what's right and what's wrong.

An extension of morality is Patriotism. It "enhances" the morality rules in a way that makes something moral to do only outside of certain group if that group really wants to do it. An example would be that morality says it's not right to kill smebody BUT patriotism says it's OK to do it to a supposed opponent of the group of a people we belong to(read: Country).

That's totally wrong, look up the words in a dictionary.

Originally posted by Tekumze
Why should "druge users" be convicted? I mean... they didn't dom nothing to anybody but themselves and why do we take the right to tell them how to live their life.

As you said. They are hurting only themselves.

I agree we should help them if we can... and IF they want to be helped. Otherwise it's just a waste f money.

The key word here is distribution. The reall reason doing drugs is against the law, and considered a crime, is because people can be pressured into doing drugs and, therefore, are almost being sentenced to being sick or eventually death. Though that's a longshot, that's how the government looks at it.

I don't agree.

You can be pressured to use drugs BUT in the end it's your own decision unless you're doing it at gunpoint.

It should be ones own responsibility to care for himself and that includes finding out the effects of things he uses.

We should be responsible of things we do and not put the burden of responsibility on the government.

People are all to keen to trust the government to make the thinking for them. I see it happening everywhere.

Quote: "The reall reason doing drugs is against the law, and considered a crime, is because people can be pressured into doing drugs and, therefore, are almost being sentenced to being sick or eventually death. Though that's a longshot, that's how the government looks at it.

I don't know... Maybe because they aren't collecting State and Federal Tax on the stuff. Anyway, the sh*t i'll make you do strange things and see stuff other people don't see.:)

to the person who said "look up the words in the dictionary"....were you arguing that he was wrong in stating that patriotism implies to citizens that killing is right/justified?

Yeah leave the drug users on the street then they will ultimately kill themselves, i.e. drug overdose. What is most disturbing about our legal system is that serious crimes get slaps on the rist and little crimes will put you away forever. An example would be a child molester, some who have only gotten six months or less for screwing up somebody for the rest of thier life. Then on the flip side you have someone who steals $1000, or even hacks in to a computer, and gets life. I mean shouldn't the punishment fit the crime. This whole country is need of some serious reform.

HAHAHAHA

Pure comedy!!!!

For most of your own goods I suggest sticking to tech talk

Unless you like sounding stupid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back