Life sentence for cyber crimes.

The act of logging onto the Internet is like going back to the lawless days of the “Wild West”. There are only a few (mostly self regulated) rules. Hackers do their thing because they can. If there were a 90% chance of being caught they would not do it unless the rewards were very high. There are not many laws (International) that can be used to prosecute (say) a hacker from India demolishing you PC and anyway it’s not cost effective to start any sort of International Legal battle in this instance.

The whole idea of the Internet is to be able to voice you opinions freely, learn new things or to provide communication to the “people” without let or hindrance. This means no interference by “Authorities” to remove ideas they don’t like or to support the flavour of the month’s political system or religious ideologies.

This means that criminals, terrorists and just about every other nut case in the world is given a platform for advertising their views in the hope of converting the rest of us.

This is what you’ve got, if you try and change it to suite your own personal views the Internet will die as Governments start censoring at the packet switching level, or worse (for instance) blocking you message to your mum who just happens to be in Iraq.

Is this what you want?

Like any good thing introduced to man. It will always attract criminal elements that want to abuse or defeat it's purpose.

This means that criminals, terrorists and just about every other nut case in the world is given a platform for advertising their views in the hope of converting the rest of us.
True... but this is not really a problem. I don't care what crimninals or terrorists have to say and the same goes for most people

I'd even say that governments are more of a problem coz we tend to trust them which makes it easier for them to trick us.

As for censoring the net... the first country I see that happening is not Iraq. I'd much sooner bet on USA given their recent "anti-terrorist" laws.

Buggerlugs:
I'd say that many if not most viruses are made by script kiddies.

People that have nothing better to do but to try things without the thought on the consequences their actions might have. We've all done things we're not prud off. Sometimes we still do them. Internet is multiplys the problem as it's a global thing.

The thing about hackers that break in for information... wel... everybody does what they're allowed to do. Want examples??

Big companies exploit people with low pays (I am sure you've heard of it).
Mones is stolen from the cpompany by key company people.
Gevernment people steal whereever they have a chance.

I'd say that this three things are much more of a problem than hacking. You hear more about hacking coz the people hurt have more money so they get publicity. The numbers are also bigger even if most of the time the numbers are hugely inflated.

I don't know who deserves to have thier fingers(or whatever) hacked off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back