Life sentence for cyber crimes.

what makes the person who flips the switch above the law? there both commiting the same act. there both taking a life.

haha the police don't shoot ppl running away, they only shoot when there is a danger to them or another person(s) and if that person(s) is already dead there is no reason for them to shoot, they would chase the guy down.

thats self defence, its not quiet the same, its like kill or be killed. Not kill and be killed.

Just to jump into this conversation.

I agree with catch. Death sentance is a form of collective selfdefense by making sure that the person executed will not kill again.

What if someone kills themself? They should be given the death penalty of course.

LOL... not really.

I consider each person a master of his/hers own domain.

That would mean that you can do to yourself or your body whatever you want and even kill yourself.

Who am I to know what's best for you?

I would probably try to convince the other person not to do it for whatever reason would seem apropriate. Other than that it's each persons own decision. You can't really stop somebody from killing themselves... there's just to many ways to do it.

The only way would be to cuff him and force feed him. Then you would in fact be sentancing him to life inprisonment with torture.

I prefer death in that case.

Originally posted by catch23
Fair enough...would you shoot at him if he were shooting at you or another person then? I certainly would...and in a way it makes me that one guy who pulled the switch.

To kill someone in self-defense or in defense of someone else, and as a last resort, when a life is being truly threatened by death is the only time killing is right and just.

When we are reffering to the guy that is pulling the switch, we are speaking of everyone that is involved in killing someone outside of the act of defense, which is completely wrong.

Not if it's someone else.

Either way....at least you know that guy isn't going to get out of jail and have a chance to kill again...possibly you :eek:D

So you are basically saying that anyone who kills, no matter for what reason, must die because there is a chance that they might do it again.

Bare with me in the following scenario:

You kill someone by accident or in self-defense, but you are still a truly good person and didn't want to kill anyone. Though, no one knows the truth of why the victim was killed and you cannot prove it (sometimes it happens). Now you are sentenced to death for killing someone, because you are in a society that decides that you must be killed, without question, for killing another person. This same society must also prevent you from killing again, just because they said so.

Now you might want to comment that there would be evidence that you are not a true criminal, by definition, or that there would be witnesses, and everything should turn out fine. That isn't always the case.
But, without capital punishment you would be given a chance to live your life again, after doing time in prison. Yes, it is wrong that you went to prison in the first place, that couldn't be changed if you couldn't prove your innocense, but at least your precious life couldn't be taken away.

Life is sacred. ;)

Originally posted by madmatt
just nuke 'em all.

You're one of them.

You still want to push the button? Huh? Come on you little ****, I got your button right here. What's the matter, did you change your mind now?

It's not so funny when it's your life under the hand of death.

No offence, though. :D :D :D

and what do you base your that decision upon? clearly your belief that killing is wrong, but what is your reasoning behind saying that the killer should also be killed?

You're jumping to conclusions...if someone is convicted for first degree murder...yes...they should die.

Just because a person is convicted, it doesn't mean they actually did it. Do you even know the definition of convicted?

But even if they did do it, you still have no right to take away their life, even though they took the life of another. This might sound strange, but it is the morally good decision to make. That isn't to say that they shouldn't be punished for their crime.

What did you think of my scenario? Sad story, right?

What's even more sad is that it happens in real life.

i got an idea !!!

Dont hack .....then they cant arrest you for hacking. :rolleyes:

It is funny but everyone keeps asking why someone who murders someone should be put to death, why should we as tax payers have to support this person for the rest of their life, prisons are not cheap, I would rather see them put to death than pay for them. As for the thing about the person not being the gulity, it does happen not as often as it used to do to DNA and better forensics. It doesn't really matter because most states don't even have a death penalty because of a b***hy people who claim that it is cruel.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back