Join Project Dolphin - Team XP-erience.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will really, really suck, if they start doing monthly stat resets. Does anyone think that will happen? That will be horrid!

Don't think they will. But it will be reset when the new client is released.

Originally posted by NetRyder
Don't think they will. But it will be reset when the new client is released.

I'm actually looking foward to that.

Meh

I was on another team and i was at the top but i left the team and joined your :eek: now im at the bottom :( but still have my count :|:eek:

thankyou jewel

you wont see any pulses from me for a few months or so i only pulse like every month or so :S

Damn I wish I could pulse from here, but its prob not much point as I will be back to mine own machine soon.
I think my ranking is dropping like a stone on Proj Dol at the mo.

Quoted From Project-Dolphin.net

Tuesday, January 14, 2002

It's been almost a year since this project was launched publically, and in that time there's been a mixture of fun, excitement, boredom, caring, uncaring, and everything else. Unfortunately, these days I am busy with other goals in life and have let this project fall into the background (you'll have noticed this if you've tried emailing any time in the last few months and not received a response). Some recent changes in my life are making me unable to devote the level of attention a project of this scale has come to require. In addition, it does cost a lot to keep a project like this up and going at the speed and quality expected by its users, and it's an expense that I don't need right now.

Therefore, within the next couple days I'll be slowly dismantling this site and closing up the DBs. The new site is underway on a separate personal server, but I can't promise it'll be done any time soon (perhaps at all), though I will continue to peck at it when the urge strikes me. The account management screens on this server will remain up for the next few days, giving you a chance to remove your account (and hence e-mail address) from the database if you wish to do so. I'll keep the rest on file so that I can mail you in the event that the new edition of the project ever sees the light of day.

Thanks for the interest and involvement over the past year. I'll be back.

The project is due to be closed on Friday (17th Jan 2003).

Do you think it would be worth hanging onto the current release of Pulse in the event of a later re activation, or do you think that any later reactivation would also hail in the use of the newer client?

It is a shame, but from Nirgle's point of view, it started as a bit of fun for him and a small grouping of people, and when it went public people like slashdot (I despise slashdot, just for the record) reported on it, and he got an influx of members, this obviously required the project to move to a dedicated sever (cost) and required a lot more space/bandwidth etc (more cost).
Also with more members there were things such as cheating and a forum to be moderated (time, effort) and people where putting in more and more requests for new features (a -lot- more time and effort).

So in all fairness the project got too big and costly (both time and money aspects) so i think that its fair for Nirgle to close it down, of course its a loss, but its not our decision.

Geffy
Do you think it would be worth hanging onto the current release of Pulse in the event of a later re activation, or do you think that any later reactivation would also hail in the use of the newer client?

If and when the project is re-launched it will be with fresh db's (so client wont matter) but also it will be with either the v1.0 client, or something new.

Personally im going to keep my client running in the tray (with pulsing turned off), its already in start-up, and it'll keep a nice record of my keys. Its doing no harm.

I understand it's become more then he can handle and respect his decision to close it down. It's just sad :( I enjoyed trying to beat another member (without cheating Md :p ) with my keystrokes.

SPeedY_B: Your mission, if you choose to accept (get smacked by the trout if you don't), is to find another program similar to this that we can join. :)

Blimey! Another app like this, gonna be hard, this was pretty unique. But the idea of being trout slapped doesn't appeal either.

One thing that may be a possability (if somone out there on the ol' net wishes to even attempt it) is to make a new site/DB that accepts current pulses. As the v0.95 client allows you to input your own server, if someone were to create a compatible server then people could pulse to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back