x64 Incompatible / Compatible Applications

Outpost firewall works with it- I must get around to persuading my copy that it really does work with xp64 :D

Thanks lord :)...havent talked to u in awhile.

TittleBitties said:
Is there any firewall programs that will actually work with 64bit? I heard someone talk about some firewall called tiny or w/e that kinda worked but i dont remember. I plan on switching over to 64bit as my main os once i get a different modem since mine doesnt work with 64 :(

Microsoft is no longer offering the beta preview thingy. I thought you had dial up anyway :p

Anyone know a decent virus checker that works... It does not like Norton too much :)

FishBoy said:
nice i thought none of the apps would work on xp64

Yes they planned to break everything with 64bits what a great plan that was eh ?

Needed to move it can't believe you think they were going to have nothing at all that works dude come on

TittleBitties said:
Is there any firewall programs that will actually work with 64bit? I heard someone talk about some firewall called tiny or w/e that kinda worked but i dont remember. I plan on switching over to 64bit as my main os once i get a different modem since mine doesnt work with 64 :(

Think Zone Alarm worked when I used 64 bit beta @xmas.. also Avast Antivirus definitely works

Apache 2 with MySQL 4.1 and PHP 5 works :)
MSI Liveupdate / Corecenter Doesn't

World of warcraft seems to be running in 64 bit ?

Sacred does not work, atleast not yet. Great to buy a game and not being able to play it :/ Though they should fix it soon as they are releasing an expansion pack to it :)

perris said:
you are dual booting aren't you?

Nope, but I'm considering to do that until there are more working games :) Since most copy protections use 32-bit drivers they won't work in XP-x64 and the games will not be able to run.

An updated version of Punkbuster should be released in a week or so, for those that are getting kicked from Punkbuster enabled games!

Phantom said:
Nope, but I'm considering to do that until there are more working games :) Since most copy protections use 32-bit drivers they won't work in XP-x64 and the games will not be able to run.
can't expect to do everything you want to do on the 64 bit os yet...dual boot is neccessary

perris said:
can't expect to do everything you want to do on the 64 bit os yet...dual boot is neccessary

Yeah I'm aware of that. And to keep on topic I can tell that Acrobat Reader 7.0 works fully and that WinRAR / WinACE does work partially, i.e the integration part does not work yet. Also due to the fact that they use 32-bit extensions to integrate with the shell. Got this mail from Eugene Roshal, programmer with WinRAR.

"Hello,

Unfortunately 64 bit XP does not support 32 bit shell extensions.
Probably we'll make 64 bit version of WinRAR shell extension later.
I do not know an exact date yet, though.

Eugene"

But the program works fine if you don't use the extensions.

Also AquaMark3 seems to be incompatible, it just keeps crashing.

Does Ventrilo work ok? Also can you clarify "Source Games (via Steam) - Installation skips (single steam.exe and Steamapps folder backed up). Applications run fine." I plan on installing x64 and CS and other games on Steam are the main things I play.

Last edited:
LordOfLA said:
apparently diskeeper 9 runs on xp64...
I cant get it to run on my computer, it says my OS is not supported.
Also I cant watch any divx or xvid movies using Windows Media player because I get no picture and it causes my computer to slow massively, other than that Ive had success with 3DMark 05 v120, Spybot S&D v1.3, Flash, Shockwave, Java and Miranda IM v4 and Quicktime.
No success with Expertool 3.29 for Gainward Graphics, StyleXP v3.00

Hi!

Just have to told you, nvidia driver works and OpenAFS doesn't work. Kerberos5 from MIT seems to work.
More infos later.

Cya
MrLatin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back