x64 Incompatible / Compatible Applications

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Update: Please note we are now using Wiki to maintain a list of applications and games that work in Windows x64, you can access it at the link below:

x64 WIKI

Here I hope to maintain a good list of incompatible applications and games. So here is what I have been able to test so far as well as any notes about it. Obviously this list will expand for some time but eventually become irrelevent, but if you have an issue with an app this may help you, or you can help others who feel it may be something else! This only contains first hand tested applications, please do not add applications you have heard may not work

WORKING GAMES

[April 12th]
? Doom / Doom3 ROE - Installs and works fine but apparently the installer will not work correctly under x64, a hacked msi has been created at www.planetamd64.com
WHEN PUNKBUSTER SUPPORT ARRIVES YOU WILL BE BOOTED FROM ENFORCED GAMES.
? COD / COD UO - Installs and works fine but apparently the installer will not work correctly under x64, a hacked msi has been created at www.planetamd64.com
PUNKBUSTER WILL BE BOOT YOU FROM ENFORCED GAMES.
? FarCry installs, patches (1.31) and plays fine. There has been no more information on the 64bit binary.
? Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - Works fine installation not checked yet!
? World of Warcraft - Works fine but installation not checked yet!
? Source Games (via Steam) - Installation skips (single steam.exe and Steamapps folder backed up). Applications run fine.
? Unreal Tournament 2004 - Installs, patches and runs with no issues.
? Brothers in arms - Installs, patches and runs with no issues.

BROKEN GAMES

nothing yet

WORKING APPLICATIONS

[April 13th]
? FlashFXP 3.1 installs and runs fine.
? TeamSpeak 2 RC2 installs and runs fine.

[April 12th]
? Office 2003 installs, patches and runs fine. Microsoft Update recognises that Office 2003 is installed under Windows x64
? Getright no issues.
? WinRAR installs and runs fine, but context menus are missing.
? Trillian 3 Pro installs and runs fine.
? DivX Codec installs and runs fine.
? Zoom Player installs and runs fine.
? Shareaza installs and runs fine.
? mIRC 6.16 installs and runs fine.
? Mailwasher Pro 4.19 - 12th April checks pop mail fine, runtime error checking hotmail.

BROKEN APPLICATIONS

[April 12th]
? Perfectdisk 7 Cannot start driver during installation

---------------------------------
Annotation
? Added by Punk

Last edited:
this topic should grow and become very usefull

thread stuck

I think electrophonic will probably edit the original list as the compatable an incompatable programs are posted

star download seems to work, but not too good, ars the same thing

I have a sprint data card for internet connections, this doesn't work

ms java will install on the 32 bit version of ie and work great

sun java won't work.

more later

Electronic Punk said:
Here I hope to maintain a good list of incompatible applications and games.

you're showing a list of compatible apps/games below it. :p

(with the only exception of PD7)

Yeah, was going to have two seperate threads, but that just seemed silly in the end

sun java 1.5 works for me...

There is an issue with the RAD game tools specifically bink and smacker video playback in that the sound stutters on and off, this could be an issue with the 64bit realtec ac97 drivers but not sure.

All the video codecs that come in the k-lite mega codec pack work fine.

There is a gudie at planetamd64.com on mouting iso/bin images on xp64 as well through you have to sign up to see it.

I will install 64bit XP today and give you my list soon...

Winrar no longer has the "extract to <name>\" function in the right click menu.

LordOfLA said:
yeah
thats the context menu... :p

Yeah Yeah Yeah. You nerds and your fancy words :p

Hey EP, where did you get good audigy drivers? Mine dont seem to install

Hmm, I don't think Raxco would appreciate that, definatly some incentive to pull the finger out.

(mods feel free to edit my post at the top as new applications are checked)
made some additions.

Okay I can confirm Diskkerper 9 server edition works on xp64..

I will need to "aquire" myself a copy of perfect disk 7 server edition to see if that works... though I dont fancy the price tag to go legal with that version.

I doubt perfectdisk will work at all at the moment, good to know there is an alternative, tho I am not going to pay for two different disk deframenters.

Will check out the updates gonaads, would be nice if they appeared on windowsupdate tho :p

You may have to go back a few pages (to find then all), as there have been XP 64 updates for a bit.

I think there was a SP2 also for it, but me not sure. You gotta dig. :D

Is there any firewall programs that will actually work with 64bit? I heard someone talk about some firewall called tiny or w/e that kinda worked but i dont remember. I plan on switching over to 64bit as my main os once i get a different modem since mine doesnt work with 64 :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back