The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

It's already available if you use the registry edit that NR posted. WMDC works very well actually. I like it more than ActiveSync.

Not sure who uses it with Exchange, but my phone keeps losing the ability to sync over the Internet.

I have verified all the options within ActiveSync, and the only way I fixed it last time was to reset my phone and set it up all over again.

It keeps trying to dial a connection instead, kinda odd really.

I don't think the problem is with your settings, I would like to think it has to do with the technology. You have to remember it's all brand new for Microsoft Exchange and Mobile.

I've read about a lot of improvements being made in Exchange 2007.

I haven't ever encountered that problem after I set things up the first time. I can't be sure, but it sounds like your network connections order might be the cause.

Check Start -> Settings -> Connections tab -> Connections icon -> Advanced tab -> Select Networks button.

Make sure you've selected the GPRS/EDGE connection (called "T-Mobile Data" on mine) from both dropdown lists unless you need to use a separate VPN connection for some reason.

I haven't ever encountered that problem after I set things up the first time. I can't be sure, but it sounds like your network connections order might be the cause.

Check Start -> Settings -> Connections tab -> Connections icon -> Advanced tab -> Select Networks button.

Make sure you've selected the GPRS/EDGE connection (called "T-Mobile Data" on mine) from both dropdown lists unless you need to use a separate VPN connection for some reason.
That makes perfect logical sense, and that was the first screen I looked at when I first noticed the problem.

I don't have a GPRS/EDGE connection on mine, all I have is

MY ISP
Media NET
My Work Network

I'll have to fiddle with it later, almost appears that it lost that connection type whatever it named it as. Perhaps I have to do a format on it again :(

Not a big deal really since I have everything synched, but still something that isn't a great use of time :D

It seems to be working initially until I sync with my PC alot, perhaps since I only sync my "Notes" with my PC, everything else syncs via Exchange, I will try not to sync for awhile and see if that helps?

OK So I went through and started from scratch on my phone.

The connection in use is the MY ISP GPRS. After a little more investigation, it appears that the MY ISP and MY ISP GPRS are essentially the same connection just different settings. I would also assume that there is a way to force which one of those to default to, which I believe it was defaulting to the connection without GPRS. There is an auto-pick feature as well...

I'll keep an eye on things, thanks NR :)

Stupid connection issues are happening on my phone again. I actually went and deleted all non-GPRS connections and it still trials to dial somehow :dead:

It seems to occur when my phone falls in a range of being out of service. Only way to fix it is to manually go to the connection, and force it to connect by clicking on it, then choosing connect. It then seems to be fine until I get out of range again.

Old news Derek! Keep up would you!

Haha, oops - thought the dates were backwards as 10-8-2006 instead of 8-10-2006 :dead:

It was posted on 10/8. Still old news!

DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 9, 2006--Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:pALM) is giving 228 of its new Palm(R) Treo(TM) 700wx smartphones running Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 software to students participating in the Microsoft Student Partner (MSP) program.

Students will use the Treo 700wx, Sprint's first Windows Mobile-based Treo smartphone on the Sprint Power Vision(SM) Network, to promote the benefits of mobility and create greater awareness of the Palm Connected Campus, an initiative that supports mobile-computing environments where mobile computing connects students, faculty, IT, administrators and staff to each other, the campus network and personal information. [...]

Sprint, another partner in MSP, will provide each student representative with unlimited voice and data service for the entire school year.
http://www.palm.com/us/company/pr/news_feed_story.epl?reqid=913301

Guess who the MSP is on the UCLA campus. ;)

Have the 700wx already; just waiting for the Sprint service to get activated now. Free unlimited EV-DO goodness, baby. Still thinking of what I'm going to do with my MDA now.

I have a weird question -

My calendar entries/appointments sync fine over my Direct Push/Exchange, but one thing I have noticed is that I still have to snooze/dismiss in both places. There is a possibility that I'm not giving it enough time to process on the phone, as I usually check both first thing in the morning. I'm going to keep an eye on it specifically next time, just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem?

I usually add calendar entries without reminders, so I'm not sure, but I think that's the behavior I've noticed for reminders too.

That is normal Derek. It is designed to work like that.

Regardless of the design, they should fix that - horrifically unorganized feature.

If it can sync with new events/meetings/etc, why can't it detect snooze/dismiss changes?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back