The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

Ouch, that price is a bit high for me at least for now.

Thanks for the PPT though, I'll have to review it and make a decision :)

Anyone know how Crossbow upgrades are going to work? Something you can download and install like ROM upgrades, or something more hardcore?

I am certain (although I haven't seen confirmation) that HTC and Cingular will release a new ROM for the 8525 once Crossbow (6.0) is available.

As for older devices, such as the 8125, don't expect one.

As you now know, the PPT wasn't right either: still no 8525.

I gained access to the Premier Accounts page and the 8525 isn't listed for purchase. However, the link I supplied earlier does show it as being available. I'm calling tomorrow!

My Sprint Treo 700wx from Microsoft got activated earlier this week.

I really like all the little improvements Palm has made to WM5 - they make it more convenient to use as a phone. The 700wx also has a faster processor and more free memory than the MDA, so it's very zippy. Sprint's EV-DO data network is also so much faster than T-Mo and Cingular's EDGE. The downsides to the 700wx are the stub antenna, and a noticeably lower battery life compared to the MDA (due to EV-DO and the processor).

The only trouble now is that everyone has my T-Mo number, and I can't port without paying a $200 Early Termination Fee since I'm still under contract. So I have to carry around two almost identical devices. :(

Going to see if call forwarding can serve as a temporary workaround...

Last edited:
How sad is is that I dreamed about OSNN last night, and one of the things I dreamed about was someone changed the name of this thread? :eek:

I gained access to the Premier Accounts page and the 8525 isn't listed for purchase. However, the link I supplied earlier does show it as being available. I'm calling tomorrow!

Are you a Cingular Partner?

My Sprint Treo 700wx from Microsoft got activated earlier this week.

I really like all the little improvements Palm has made to WM5 - they make it more convenient to use as a phone. The 700wx also has a faster processor and more free memory than the MDA, so it's very zippy. Sprint's EV-DO data network is also so much faster than T-Mo and Cingular's EDGE. The downsides to the 700wx are the stub antenna, and a noticeably lower battery life compared to the MDA (due to EV-DO and the processor).

The only trouble now is that everyone has my T-Mo number, and I can't port without paying a $200 Early Termination Fee since I'm still under contract. So I have to carry around two almost identical devices. :(

Going to see if call forwarding can serve as a temporary workaround...

When does your contract run out? May be worth to pay the $200 in the long run, since you will have to pay for the phone bill on the other one too...it will just keep milking you.

I am not a Cingular partner but I have colleagues inside the walls at MassMutual.

NR, I could justify the $200 termination fee if I had more than two months on my contract. I pay $95.00 a month for service.

$95 bucks a month here too - well worth every penny though IMO.

My 8525 has been ordered. I should have it on the 12th.

Best part is I got a $25.00 credit on my bill for having to spend two hours on the phone with Cingular B2B and I qualify for the upgrade price ($349.00 with an additional $50.00 mail-in rebate).

Because I was on the phone all morning (with one person for 60 minutes). She said to help ease the frustration that she would issue me a $25.00 credit and set me up for a upgrade.

Hmmm, I'll have to check that out... :devious:

That's a great deal bro.

It wasn't much fun. I spoke to six different people and one person twice (she's the one that setup the upgrade). Regardless, I didn't get the 8525 over the phone; I called my dealer that I got my 8125 through and he ordered it for me.

Can your "dealer" get you another one at that price? :p

I'll have to see what I can muster up...

I'll ask, but without a contract I don't know. I'll see what he says when he calls me back.

Please keep me posted, if I have a chance I'll feel some contacts out this weekend too. That price is great, but if I have to pay full I'm going to pass probably.

Juicy, gimmie! :D

-edit-

After reading the review, I think the thing that would make it the most worthwhile to me is improved call quality. I have noticed, especially of late, that is a bit lacking. I have static from time to time, and depending on how good my service is sometimes the call actually echoes.

I'll have to call them and see what I can swindle for a price break.

Last edited:
I don't think the review does the thing justice. Everyone has a different opinion though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back