The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

Anyone using their Device, Activesync and the new Office Betas on Vista?

I'm planning on making the switch when RC1 comes out on my prod machine, wanted to see if others have tested any of those yet.
ActiveSync won't install in Vista. Instead, there's now a built-in component called the Windows Mobile Device Center. In 5472, it's not quite complete yet, so it won't allow you to sync data with Outlook or install apps on your device, although you can transfer the CAB files and install apps that way. You can transfer files and sync music etc. in the current version though. Not sure what the status is in 5536 since I haven't had a chance to install it yet.

And Office 2007 + Vista = made for each other. Both have been working great for me together, and going back to XP + Office 2003 makes me realize how much things have changed for the better. :)

The new Windows Mobile Device Center has A LOT of potential. It looks friggin' sweet!

ActiveSync won't install in Vista. Instead, there's now a built-in component called the Windows Mobile Device Center. In 5472, it's not quite complete yet, so it won't allow you to sync data with Outlook or install apps on your device, although you can transfer the CAB files and install apps that way. You can transfer files and sync music etc. in the current version though. Not sure what the status is in 5536 since I haven't had a chance to install it yet.

And Office 2007 + Vista = made for each other. Both have been working great for me together, and going back to XP + Office 2003 makes me realize how much things have changed for the better. :)
That really blows, I need to be able to sync my e-mail and contacts :(

Maybe in RC1 it will work better?

Heck, I can't even get the Device Center to open. All I get is the "Connect Settings" dialog.

Setup an Exchange Account last night - have to fiddle with my 8150 when I get home later and see if I can get things to work properly.

Does the latest firmware support direct push for the 8150?

hey, active sinc only allows two desktop sincs, anyone know if there's a reg hack to increase that?

Do you mean that you are trying to sync with more than two, different, physical machines?ere

-edit-

You can't do e-mail via Activesync on more than one PC, but you can do files if desired

Here's how:

1 Delete all partnerships.
2 Start with the PC you want to sync your Outlook inbox
3 Tick to "inbox" box on the sync options
4 Tell it that this partnership is a one-pc only partnership
5 On the second pc, set up a new partnership as a two-pc partnership and tick any category box you want to sync except the inbox!
6 Hit OK and away you go!

I don't want to delete profiles cheif, I have two set up, it won't let me sinc to a third, I want to connect to my home, bussiness, trip laptops without deleting profiles

The profile/partnership doesn't really contain any files/data, only settings.

I'll poke around and see if I can find anything.

Setup an Exchange Account last night - have to fiddle with my 8150 when I get home later and see if I can get things to work properly.

Does the latest firmware support direct push for the 8150?
A. 8125
B. Yes

C. I'm a moron? :D

Thanks matt_________

If I get this working I can go and install Vista, woo :)

Only if you can get the stupid Mobile Device Center working.

Won't really need to if the device works with the Exchange server directly :)

Yeah, but I still wanted to see MDC.

Ooooohhhhhhhhh sweeeettnneeessss .......... :D

This thing is amazing with Exchange!!! :D

Cingular released the 3125 today (flip phone running WM5 SmartPhone). I had my finger on the buy now button but I am waiting for the 8525 first.

Should be out soon!

Cingular released the 3125 today (flip phone running WM5 SmartPhone). I had my finger on the buy now button but I am waiting for the 8525 first.

Should be out soon!

3125 looks OK, but for someone who attacks the Treo - how can that be comfortable to type on?

Yeah, that's where it really shines. Direct Push is so convenient. :)

Agreed :D

It's a SmartPhone, not a PocketPC.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back