The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

failurbydesign said:
My Firefox wont load pics on some sites....all i get it this
I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this? Im gettin all upset and now my IE wont let me see java pics on certain sites. I got the newest java as well....any ideas??????????????????

I have been playing around with new extensions, and I changed a setting in UI Tweaker extension, and now I can't see the page, the browser is warped together, I cant see anymenu's or anything, so I can't change the setting back....so I uninstalled, and reinstalled and everything is the same???? How can I fix this, or wipe accounts, and memory from my computer of how I had it....

URGENT, CANT STAND IE!!!! COME ON NOW lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Bman™ said:
I have been playing around with new extensions, and I changed a setting in UI Tweaker extension, and now I can't see the page, the browser is warped together, I cant see anymenu's or anything, so I can't change the setting back....so I uninstalled, and reinstalled and everything is the same???? How can I fix this, or wipe accounts, and memory from my computer of how I had it....

Well, uninstalling and reinstall in this case would do nothing as the settings folder is seperate. You would most likely have to go in and save what you want (cookies, bookmarks, ect.) and wipe that folder and then restore the saved stuff after a reinstall .. yeah sucks. :(

Bman™ said:
...UI Tweaker extension.... can I fix this, or wipe accounts, and memory from my computer of how I had it....

I'm not sure you should be extending the Ffox discussin thread with this.... Ffox is just the innocent victim of your tweaking.... Then again I am equally guilty by responding.... Except I can hardly start a thread with Bmans screw up thread as the title now can I? (or can I? :ninja:)

There's a lesson for you here and it is a simple one..... Backup..... if you are going to tweak have backup - then you just go to it and nolo problemo.

As a side issue it is always a bad idea to become fixated on one thing, and not worthwhile becoming bigotted against anything so innocuous as a browser. I also do not use IE much, but I do when I need to and I also use other than Ffox if I wish.... and would never start in with words like "love" and "hate" for either - there's enough anthromorphism in the world already....

End of lecture/rant

Bman™ said:

Why don't you just uninstall the extension? It should reset everything back to default. Me thinks.

I got it fixed, before anyone answered me, I deleted the profile, and reinstalled all the extensions.

Thanks

I have been using Tab Preview for awhile, desided Firefox Showcase works better for me in certain ways. I installed it, but what do I press or click that opens up the showcase?

*edit.....Alright found how to change it, gives me the option to change the keys, but it dosen't accually let me. I try changing the key to be Ctrl+Y, when I click ctrl to tell it that, nothing happens???

**edit again....guess I had to press the 2 together...frig need to try more things before posting THanks anyways lol

Last edited by a moderator:
See my previous answer to your previous post. :p

I thought this was worth a post here. An easy way to see the new features & test Firefox 2.0 Alpha 1 without having to overwrite your current stable version.

All you have to do is download the Portable Firefox 2.0 Alpha 1 file below. Then you unzip the file and browse for the file PortableFirefox.exe. Just execute that file and you will be running Firefox 2.0 Alpha 1 The profile is kept with the PortableFirefox folder so you don’t have to worry about messing up your other profile and the uninstallation process is simple, just delete the folder

via :Cybernet News Blog link

PortableFirefox2.0a1

This looks like a very early build of what is to eventually become v2.0. :)
Quote from Asa Dotzler of Mozilla Corp:
Just in case there's anyone reading who doesn't already know this:

When we make a new release, we'll say so. Please don't report new releases because someone checks in a change to the user agent or similar. If we're actaully doing a release, we'll announce it. Thanks.
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/2006/03/releases_1.html

I gave Bon Echo a try. No problems encoutered at all.

But!

I do not like the close button ON the tabs! I wondered why one of the tabs wasnt closing, it was because I was closing all the other tabs instead because Im so used to the close button on the far right hand corner. This is the reason why I dont like Opera and IE7 is the fact that I have to keep moving my mouse more often than is needed in comparison to FF 1.5.

Since at least 1.05 or whatever, I have been in love with Firefox. I can't get enough of it, the best software I have. It does everything I want and more. I could never go back to IE, even with IE7. There is only one thing I notice about it. It takes about 2-3, sometimes shorter but still enough to load the browser. I have enough memory, 1GB, and all.

Is this normal, or what could cause this, can I increase the speed? I don't have this problem with anything else.

Bman™ said:
Since at least 1.05 or whatever, I have been in love with Firefox. I can't get enough of it, the best software I have. It does everything I want and more. ....

please could I have the extensions for defragging my hard drive and editting a video stream then? :p

Seriously, that was hyperbole gone mad - if you wanted to seem like a Firefix fanboy, well - you did a fine job!

lol no I didn't really, but hey meh.....no answer for me either....come on now lol

Bman, if you are talkin 'bout the time it takes to load then it's has to do with how many extensions you've installed. I recall this issue was addressed previously in this very thread. Remember that Firefox in it's virginal state will load quite quickly, maybe not as fast as Opera or maybe on a par with IE. But then Firefox is not hard wired into the OS. Also you can do the "Quick Launch" thing I think that's where Firefox stays partially in memeory. So, Depending on how many and what extensions ya got goin on it will use more memory and take a bit longer to load.

But ummm, funny, I just remembered that at work on an old Athlon 1.2 Ghz machine running XP Home it takes a bit to load. Here at home it loads much faster and I have many more extensions loaded on the browser at home. Hmmmm. Now maybe it also has to do with the way the system is set up, maybe? I am not sure on that one.

Ya wanna make it load faster, loose some "fat". Uninstall some of the extensions that ya don't reeeeeally need. Don't keep them 'cause they're cool. If ya only use the extension once every blue moon, get rid of it. If ya use it constantly, keep it.

These are my thoughts anyway. :)

Yea I have about 10 extensions I think, so I guess that's the problem. It's not the much of a trouble, I just thought maybe it could be faster. Thanks man.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back