The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

I just started using Thunderbird, was fine the first 2 days. Now it's using all my resources, I close it, and its still running in the back ground using saying 99, using all resources and memory. Why is this happening?

Weird, maybe you should scan for a Worm or Trojan. Something is screwin with it.

My thoughts anyway.

I scaned for everything, not a thing, I keep my computer clean. After I stoped the process from the background, after closing Thunderbird. Waiting awhile, reopened Thunderbird, everything is running fine. Then it starts after along while, and I have to do the same thing??

Bman™ said:
I just started using Thunderbird, was fine the first 2 days. Now it's using all my resources, I close it, and its still running in the back ground using saying 99, using all resources and memory. Why is this happening?

Bman™ said:
I scaned for everything, not a thing, I keep my computer clean. After I stoped the process from the background, after closing Thunderbird. Waiting awhile, reopened Thunderbird, everything is running fine. Then it starts after along while, and I have to do the same thing??

Happens to me on a regular basis. Even on pages that are not graphic intensive or with a small number of tabs. Its total balls and has been happening with the last few builds.

Despite this, I insist on using FF mostly because its the only browser with an interface Im happy with and a decent right click menu.

I have no idea for a solution.

My system is:

P4 3GHZ with 512MB DDR400, SP2, using onboard audio and graphic controllers.

failurbydesign said:
can upi transfer firefox setting from one computer to anothers?
is upi an anagram of you? :p I betcha can, but when you say "settings" what do you mean exactly? sorry to be fussy, but if you are using extensions all over the shop like Bman etc then I would ten to say no. If you are using Ffox more or less out of the box and it is cookies and bookmarks - then yeah, as I expect you know they can readily be transfered.

Bman™ said:

Quite awhile ago I had the same problem when I upgraded to FF 1.5. When I also upgraded from Adblock to Adblock Plus, my problem went away. Not sure if this is your problem, but it could be a bad extension.

Uninstall all extensions then run it. If all is one with the WWW universe then begin to install your extensions, one at a time every day (this way you use the browser for a full day to see if it goes poopy, or not), until ya find da bad one. :)

Since restarting my computer, and waiting awhile. Everything seems to be fine, but I will see wont I.

Thanks

Does anyone know if this can be removed some how? THe Bookmarks Tool Folder. I dont want it in my bookmarks.
Thanks.

ejn74 said:
Does anyone know if this can be removed some how? THe Bookmarks Tool Folder. I dont want it in my bookmarks.
Thanks.
I believe the answer to be no - or at least it is not MEANT to be removedbecause there is a toolbar that relies on it (which you obviously do not use also). So if this can be done I think it would be a defintite tweak and not an option (you probably realize that though).

In the Bar on the top, where FIle and Tools, and Bookmarks are, you can remove that with an extension, but within the Bookmarks folder, the folder called Bookmarks Toolbar, no can not be removed

You can hide the bar but can not remove the folder. It was addressed before somewhere in this thread. Someone else wanted to do the same thing. Now it can be removed accidentally. This has come up in the MozillaZine forums. But all the posts are as to how to get the folder back (reinstalled) because somehow it was killed. But unless you hack the code I don't know of any way.

I was the person asking about that, you cannot get rid of the folder on purpose.

New problem..

I don't know when this started, but everytime I use a site, to upload or save something, pretty much everytime. For example, on the forums when attaching my desktop. I get this error all the time, and to make my Upload or whatever work, i need to click stop..

Last edited by a moderator:
So I thought, crap....better not be too knew..

Any ideas?

I figured out what it was, I recently installed "Noscript", and I removed that and sofar haven't had a problem.

I'll post back if it starts again.

Hmmmm, good to know.

*makes note: Things to avoid* :D

I've seen that error before, it is usually malformed javascript, just click stop.

Yes I know to click stop, but It never came up before, and shouldn't come up all the time. So I'm hoping it was because of that extension...I will see

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back