The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

No install in same folder. When it installed it went strat to it's very own folder for the install. But it instantly imported everything from Firefox. As I said, it was there before the macromedia plugin thing. Then it was gone.

I also like very much the little green button next to the help link on the top toolbar.

It be for updates. :D And the update thingy is much faster and smoother.

Now mind you my install is on PC. NetRyder, I think you have it on a Mac?

gonaads said:
Now mind you my install is on PC. NetRyder, I think you have it on a Mac?
What made you think so? I don't have a Mac. :D
This is running on XP Pro SP2.

Yeah SPeedY_B... that's rite. *smacks self on head*

O.K. off ta bed.

So... I installed Thunderbird 1.0.2 on a freshly installed system with Windows XP. I have used Outlook XP up until now, but I decided to give Thunderbird a try. The problem is that I have a outlook.pst file and I want to import it into TB, but I can't find anyoption to select this one file. There are only options to import from Outlook, when it's installed with the imported files and stuff, but I don't want that, I want to select the outlook.pst file! How can I do that?

Why don't you wanna help me? :p

Anyway, I got another problem. I have McAfee Antivirus installed (new version etc) and now I got a mail infected with a virus (Newsky or sump). The problem is that as soon as McAfee detects this virus it removes the virus, causing TB to halt, but TB hasn't removed the mail from the server yet, so when it checks for new mail, it gets stuck on this infected mail, MA interferes, TB halts etc etc. I have been looking around the web for this problem, all I could find was something on Mozillazine about slow opening of mail from the Local Folder dir, but that's not where I have problems with.

ok im all eager to get my new phone so i was looking at themes and found this nice one
downloadfile.php

http://www.symbianthemes.com/navigation.php?page=showitem&type=1&id=2892

I haven't been here for awhile so I think this is the right place to ask this.

I'v been using Firefox for awhile now, but I haven't really bothered with any of it. I have noticed that my Firefox popup blocker isn't working. It shows a message letting me deside if I want to allow "this" site. I don't let it, I got back later and the popups still come up. Anybody know the problem, why isn't it blocking things?

Thanks..

Bman%u2122 said:
I haven't been here for awhile so I think this is the right place to ask this.

I'v been using Firefox for awhile now, but I haven't really bothered with any of it. I have noticed that my Firefox popup blocker isn't working. It shows a message letting me deside if I want to allow "this" site. I don't let it, I got back later and the popups still come up. Anybody know the problem, why isn't it blocking things?

Thanks..
Are you sure it's not working, or simply that it's not blocking all pop-ups? I know without the Adblock ext. a few popups would still slip by, drudgereport on first pull up in the a.m. would pop up two windows despite me having it to disallow.

I would recommend downloading Adblock (FF ext.) and getting a good set of filters(I use the Filterset.G). After installing the filters I'm willing to bet you'll never see another pop-up...I haven't.

Here's my filter list.

Hmmm that might be it. I'll go check that out now. I'l report back.

Thanks

I just installed Adblock and it's working amazingly.

Thanks again.

No worries. It is a great ext. (one of those I can't surf without) but it does have it's flaws. Glad I was able to help.

I have a question on thunderbird. I upgraded to a newer version and now can no longer click on links inside the mail to get to web pages. I have tried reinstalling. It is running on a XP SP2 machine.

how to send a file to Thunderbird from Explorer

I'm using XP and I would like to be able to Rt click a file from explorer and choose Send To, so that Thunderbird will start a message with that file as an attachement. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

TIA

Firefox Ext: Auto popin/hide bookmarks

I just found this cool Firefox Ext on the net, hopefully you will enjoy it to. :cool:

Optimoz Tweaks

This extension consist of several modules, each of them optimizing a certain part of the Firefox's and Mozilla's user interface. The basic idea is always to enhance existing controls, and not introduce new ones.

My Favourite being:

Sidebar Autohide

Whenever you "touch" the left side of the content area with your mouse cursor (without hovering over the window border!) and stay there for a brief moment, the sidebar pops up. If you enter the content area again, the sidebar will disappear. You can configure both the sensitivity in pixels and the delay before the sidebar appears.

If you want the sidebar to stay open, either leave it by going up to the toolbar first, or click the sidebar's right border before entering the content area. The next time you leave the sidebar the normal way, it will disappear again.

You can also temporarily lock the sidebar by clicking the "hand" button. While it is locked that way, the sidebar will not automatically close - however, if you close it manually, it will still open automatically when you touch the left window border.

Optimoz installation page

Re: Firefox Ext: Auto popin/hide bookmarks

Midnight Mick said:
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong section, please move it for me. :)

Holy "Server Error" Batman, it worked. :eek: :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back