The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Tools > Options > Advanced > Browsing > [x] Use Smooth scrolling

*just to make trouble*

is there any way to get it to use ms java instead of the sun make my machne look terrible java??

It's resource intensive on slower PC's, atleast that is the only reason why I could think of. Here's a nother good one for Firefox: http://www.j79zlr.com/howto.php?id=17

No, there is no way to get FF to use the crappy, insecure, outdated MSJVM.

j79zlr said:
It's resource intensive on slower PC's, atleast that is the only reason why I could think of. Here's a nother good one for Firefox: http://www.j79zlr.com/howto.php?id=17

No, there is no way to get FF to use the crappy, insecure, outdated MSJVM.
[spam= for j79] that is one hell of a nice link you posted![/spam]

but it is a shame nobody came up with a hack to be able to use the much better coded, much better graphics and much fewer memory ressources microsoft virtual machine.

regardess, all in all, a very nice build!

Gotta Question,
What makes Firefox send me packin back to my desktop. I've tried adjusting the cache. Whats a good number for the alloted disk space? Its default it is set at 10,000kb.
Is it the cache or is there another problem im not seeing?
All scans show me clean of spyware and or virus's,trojans etc..
frogg_mann

frogg_mann said:
Gotta Question,
What makes Firefox send me packin back to my desktop.
Shouldn't have anything to do with the cache or cache size. Is this in a clean install or and upgrade? Did you add any extentions or anything before the problem began? Also what version of Firefox?

The first note in their thread posting is soooo frickin true (the Windows "Add or Remove Programs" bug). Man I had five (5) entries... Sheeeesh.

Great warning:
Warning all builds after 20050403 00:00 PDT eventually F R E E Z E !!!
:p

"page not found"

Interesting quirk. I'll try to load a page from the bookmarks, or by clicking a link, and it comes up with a "'www.__.com' cannot be found" message. I click "okay," then the link again and it works fine, sometimes it happens again. It happens on a regular basis.

I have v1.02 on WinXP Home.

I tried looking through this thread, sorry if it's already been discussed. :crosseyed:

Re: "page not found"

Infinite0 said:
Interesting quirk. I'll try to load a page from the bookmarks, or by clicking a link, and it comes up with a "'www.__.com' cannot be found" message. I click "okay," then the link again and it works fine, sometimes it happens again. It happens on a regular basis.

Is this with the same site/bookmark or is it random? Could be a few things probably, from a Firefox bug to your ISP's DNS servers.

Xie said:
Is this with the same site/bookmark or is it random? Could be a few things probably, from a Firefox bug to your ISP's DNS servers.
Completely random, everything from bookmarks to google search links. I just reinstalled mozilla, had the latest version already. I'm running Forecast Fox, Gmail notifier, and Adblock ... but the problem has only begun in the past week or so. OTOH, my gf has the current FF, with no extensions, and has had the same problem ... for a lot longer.

Does this happen with any other browser.. ie, Mozilla, IE?

Are you behind a router?

gonaads said:
Does this happen with any other browser.. ie, Mozilla, IE?

Are you behind a router?
It never happened with IE. I've used FireFox for about 4 months now, and it just started happening in the past two weeks or so.

Not behind a router. I've tried reinstalling FF, to no avail.

Infinite0 said:

I tried looking through this thread, sorry if it's already been discussed. :crosseyed:

I've seen this happen on several computers as well. Inconvenient at best. I still use FF though!

hey guys i tried searching but i couldnt find it in this thread cuz its so long, but no javascript links work for me in firefox i tried some things that were posted in neowin, but no luck anyone know how to fix this or has happend to them before?

I give up. I've tried everything I can think of. I wiped out FF, ZA, and AIM, defragged, reinstalled everything and still the same. FF is a great browser, but this has gone beyond inconvenient into the extremely annoying. I'm tired of every other link I click being rejected, sometimes two or three times with the page not found message.

I'm trying Avant for now. :dead:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back