The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

thekore said:
hehe, what a great in depth technical response :p
Hah,I can build a computer but the rest of it is a mystery to me :dead: :laugh:

Thank you NetRyder,I knew someone would know :nervous:

Hey for all you peeps that tend to have a weather proggy on yer desktop of one form or another. Have ya tried the extension Forecastfox?

It use to be called Weatherfox and it sits either on the toolbar, nav-bar, webdeveloper-bar or yer status-bar. It is highly customizable, very sweet.

You get international weather forecasts from weather.com

It requires Firefox 1.0PR or 1.0+

Forecastfox extension page

Tab Browsing Extension Madness!!!!

I need help from someone using the Tab Browsing Extension in Firefox 1.0. If you look at the screenshot...what do you have to set so the Ebay tab doesn't spawn a new one when you click a link on the page? This is driving me nuts....:(

Attachments

• TBE_madness.jpg
    TBE_madness.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 116
Errrm, for me all the links open in the same tab. Don't know what i have different to you for my TBE options, i have link behaviour set to normal which should mean its determined by the site. I suppose you could try "open in current tab" but that will effect everything

gballard said:
I need help from someone using the Tab Browsing Extension in Firefox 1.0. If you look at the screenshot...what do you have to set so the Ebay tab doesn't spawn a new one when you click a link on the page? This is driving me nuts....:(

Could you post an image of your Tabbrowser Extensions settings? The one that has the "links" preferences on it.

Like the one I have attached below.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Got a problem with downloading something with Firefox. It was working very well, up until now. I click to something to download, then the window opens and I "save to disk" then nothing happens. Like I said, It just started. I do not know what I did to make it do this.

I tried disabling my firewall, but that did not help.

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

Well,

I am still trying to figure out why it is still not downloading. I have disabled my firewalls. I can download from an FTP site using an FTP program. I tried reinstalling Firefox over again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

hmm, very odd. Could possibly be your configuration file has become corrupt. Although i have never heard of this issue before its still a remote possibility, but hang off for other replies before jumping into that too soon :)

Did you start with a clean program and profile folder (apart from bookmarks, of course) when you reinstalled Fx?

Yes Nets,

I backed up my Application Data/Monzilla folder, deleted it, and uninstalled, and deleted the parent directory as well.

Must be a reg edit that is preventing me. Something that is still there. I will clean out the registry as best as I can this time before a fresh install this time. Hopefully this will work.

Heeter

I'm slacking as I still don't have my box operational yet but Mozilla Suite 1.8a6 was released Jan. 12th for anyone like me that cares. :)

Spotted it in my RSS feeds earlier :D releases don't mean that much to me anymore though, I'm a nightly whore now :p

SPeedY_B said:
Spotted it in my RSS feeds earlier :D releases don't mean that much to me anymore though, I'm a nightly whore now :p
Yeah but releases (of Suite especially) decides when Firefox 1.1 comes out as it will be based upon 1.8 and possibly useable. :p

Question: Now that Firefox has reached gold status (meaning 1.0 status), is there any (prefereably) complete information about what you can put in the userChrome.css file? This evening I tried googling around for an answer to a question Bling Bling had over at Spammers Paradise and I had to google various times using various search terms to finally find the answer. Now that FF is => 1.0, is there any list with this info?

Glaanieboy said:
Question: Now that Firefox has reached gold status (meaning 1.0 status), is there any (prefereably) complete information about what you can put in the userChrome.css file? This evening I tried googling around for an answer to a question Bling Bling had over at Spammers Paradise and I had to google various times using various search terms to finally find the answer. Now that FF is => 1.0, is there any list with this info?
They have stuff here and here. :)

Have a small problem. Can someone tell what the hell are those numbers splattered in various places on the web page in FireFox? (see attached pic)
They're usually seen roughly in the same places on a number of websites, though I can't remember exactly which ones.
How can I get rid of these stupid things?

Attachments

• Goog.JPG
    Goog.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 91
Any help would be nice. :)
It's getting really annoying to see random numbers scattered around a webpage.

Thats from posting too many times in the person above me thread.

:lick: :lick: :lick:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back