The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Yep, my extensions were automatically updated, and everything works perfectly!

Sweet, isn't it...especially after the bumpy update cycles we've had until now?
laugh.gif

Yeah, it definitely does things the way it should now!

using Firefox 1.0PR and extensions SIngle Window 1.4, Tabbrowser Preferences .6.11, and close tab on double click .1.2...I cannot middle click on anything to open a new tab or middle click a tab to close a tab...

please help

How come you're using both Single Window and Tabbrowser Preferences? They essentially serve the same purpose.
Besides, there might be an option in one of them that is overriding the middle click behavior.

I still get links that open in a new window...with just single window, tabbrowser preferences or with both...I think I need to start a fresh install of firefox without my profile and jus start new..

ok did a fresh install and everything is working great...the only problem I have now is that I can't get items searched in the searchbar to open in a new tab...

Thunderbird - minor issue

I'm not sure if you guys are discussing Thunderbird in this thread, but I'd really like to know if there is a way around the 'same username for two different accounts' aspect of the program. I love the way the program works, especially the junk-mail filter, but I also work for a website that uses a forwarding address. That address is obviously just a forwarding address, so it uses the username/password information from my regular email account. With Thunderbird, that means I can't add the work account and regular account because they both use the same username. Is there a workaround for that?

It's the only thing that compels me to use OE again, as everything else about the program is bang on.

First off, I have XP Home and Pro. I did a fresh install of 1.0 PR. I had tried TabBrowser Preferences this time, before I used TBE. I discovered I could not load anymore extensions or any sites doing something with Java when doing a D/L would just hang. I uninstalled TBP and everything worked again. Just to be sure it was TBP causing an issue on my system I loaded it again...restarted and the D/L problem was back again. I even went as far as doing a fresh install again and giving TBP another try, it being the only extension loaded and again the problem. I'm back to using TBE. I don't notice a slow Firefox start-up with 1.0 PR and TBE like I had with .93 and TBE. That was the only reason I had tried TBP this go around.

About Adobe Reader, Firefox and XP:

One thing I had to do to be able to view PDFs on Firefox and do it quickly was to make a couple changes, one to Firefox and the other to Adobe Reader. First thing I did was on Firefox I went to Tools/Options/Downloads and then to File Types; I then clicked on the PDF entry and clicked on Change Action; There I selected Open Them In This Program and I went to the Adobe Reader directory and in the Reader folder I selected AcroRd32.exe and clicked Ok out of the windows.

Now the second thing was to speed up the opening of Adobe Reader, that can be done using PDF SpeedUp which can be found at http://www.acropdf.com which you can use to remove unneeded Adobe Reader plugins and kill the splash screen as well as make other changes.

Now my PDFs in Firefox pop open as fast as possible.

firefox browser

Is there a way in the firefox browser to make the google box bigger?ive tried dragging it ,it doesn’t work.

Change the width of the Search Bar
By default, the Search bar on the toolbar is relatively small. To specify your own width in pixels, add the following code to your userChrome.css file:
Add the lines

/* Make the Search box flex wider
(in this case 400 pixels wide) */
#search-container {
-moz-box-flex: 400 !important;
}
#search-container {
-moz-box-flex: 200 !important;
}

#searchbar {
-moz-box-flex: 200 !important;

However, if you wanna skip all the hassle just download http://downloads.mozdev.org/cdn/chromedit/chromedit.xpi, re start Firefox, go to Tools » Edit User Files and you should have no trouble at all. While I'm on it, I recommend you to add all the text in http://texturizer.net/firefox/adblock.html to userContent.css. Works perfect.

i did what it says above.

nice thanks! bluzeboy

Have a question...was at spoono.com today and I go to click on programming and click on graphics and the javascript doesn't come up...can other people please try to get this to work in firefox 1.0 and let me know if it's a my side thing and any solutions would help

Anyone been able to get Firefox 1 PR to work with sites like Launch.com? I tried everything Mozillia forums recommends, but with no success.

i got into launch.com,but i also have a yahoo account ,that might be the problem.
just a guess.

I have a Yahoo account. The problem is when you click on the video, a popup appears stating to click "I See The Video" when you see the video. Well I see no video and don't after minutes of waiting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back