The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Sorry, That's what I actually meant.

I do check the box everytime, and it still comes up when I open Firefox everytime.

Heeter

Oh :p Do you still use IE? Perhaps look for setting to stop making IE default browser?

No, I am forced to use IE only with WindowsUpdate.

I "uninstalled" IE using the Add/Remove Windows Components wizard.

Heeter

Nice!
grin.gif

I saw this announcement yesterday and was expecting the new site to be just around the corner.
Looks beautiful, and I love the dynamic image thing they have going.

Oooooo, niiiiice. :D

They set it up quite well and the colors are just rite. Wish they could theme Firefox as well as they themed their site. Even if it is only a color scheme. :p

Awww .. beat to posting this :p Anyways love the new site and looks good after some tweaking to the beta :D

hey im having trouble, everytime i try to access collegeboard.com it gives me a page full of chinese or japanese symbols, but in ie it looks fine

1.0pre for the Windows Monkeys - http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2004-09-04-08-trunk/Firefox%20Setup%20(1.0PR,%20en-US).exe

:)

Edit: Not overly sure what's going on, the directory (and files) for the 4th's trunk keep dissapearing then coming back.

Edit2: The file's just 404 now, odd :confused:

SPeedY_B said:
Edit: Not overly sure what's going on, the directory (and files) for the 4th's trunk keep dissapearing then coming back.

Edit2: The file's just 404 now, odd :confused:
Probably don't want people grabbing them early or they are still in the process of uploading them?

I think it was in the upload process, but then the 3 folders just dissapeared, then returned, then went again, returned. Then the file itself dissapeared, but is yet to return. Odd :)

Are you sure it was the actual 1.0pre build? The latest nightlies have also been labelled 1.0pre, although they are just nightlies.

I copied and pasted that URL directly from my browser. Only mentioned it as I thought it was a bit odd. Using a 1.0pre nightly myself at the moment :)

Blah .. the "ideal release" for mozilla suite 1.8a4 isn't till Sept. 24th :(

'k I am posting this on here, because I'm using Mozilla as my POP3 email program at the moment for an account that I have held on to because I use it whenever I register with etailers or sites where spam might result....

I had read about Mozillas "bayesian" spam filtering and that it "learnt" - but thing is I am finding it really doesn't seem to learn that well - it does catch some but I have been "teaching" it for a while now and stuff still gets through, IE is not flagged as junk. Is it really only "learning" mail that I want or something?

Does anyone know of any extensions, or have opinions whether thunderbird is a better way to go? I am prepared to switch from Mozilla to Firefox - use that on my laptop already so quite like it actually. and would just lose the Mozilla IRC component which is no biggie. I just want to maximize my junk detection. Any opinions welcome.

I would say if you want an email client go with thunderbird instead of mozilla suite (I only use the broswer from the suite as it's far better then Firefox IMO). Thunderbird is a standalone email client so I'm sure it's far better for what you want.

People have had mixed results with the Mozilla Mail and Thunderbird spam filters. It usually tends to work well for most people, but if you find that it's not doing a good enough job, you might want to try using it in conjunction with something like POPfile.

smile.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back