The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Tuffgong4 said:
zombie can you give a little more detail I don't see where to remove icons from the toolbar itself
Bookmarks/manage bookmarks then click on the bookmark toolbars folder to expand it and you should see all the sites in it. You can move them to a different folder or delete them.

pr1 has worked really well here :unsure:

American Zombie said:
Bookmarks/manage bookmarks then click on the bookmark toolbars folder to expand it and you should see all the sites in it. You can move them to a different folder or delete them.

sorry I meant something different...I would like to remove the little site icons in front of the text in the toolbar...not the links themselves

also for some reason tonite everytime i go to gmail firefox crashes and my internet goes out for a few seconds

Hi Guys,

TabBrowsing is annoying in Firefox 1.0. I cannot get it to work like previous versions. And, I cannot overwrite the Application Data/Monzilla folder with previous version as well. I am trying to get a new tab to open when I select a site from my Bookmarks list. I cannot seem to find where to read about getting it to work. It always opens in existing tab. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

Heeter said:
Hi Guys,

TabBrowsing is annoying in Firefox 1.0. I cannot get it to work like previous versions. And, I cannot overwrite the Application Data/Monzilla folder with previous version as well. I am trying to get a new tab to open when I select a site from my Bookmarks list. I cannot seem to find where to read about getting it to work. It always opens in existing tab. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

are u using a build? any extension at all?

Yes I am using a downloaded/installed TabBrowsing extension. I got the tabs to work for the searchbar/addressbar/site links as well, but not the bookmarks new tab yet.

I am using the new Firefox 1.0

Heeter

I hope they come out with a tool to wipe firefox off the face of your hard disk.
There seems to be something always left behind after uninstall.

ZeroHour said:
I hope they come out with a tool to wipe firefox off the face of your hard disk.
could probably be done with a simple batch file (Win32) or shell script (OSX, Linux, BSD).

ZeroHour said:
Only thing left should be your profile and thats all in one folder .. easy to delete if you wanted to. Also removing this on uninstalling a version would be much more trouble. ;)

so I have yet to find a solution to my javascript problem(where it jsut doesn't work)...unless I'm one of the few that have this problem, I'm suprised it doesn't bother more people

plus I can't even give anyone rep points anymore in firefox even if I allow popups from osnn.net

Tuffgong4 said:
is there something I've been doing wrong but I can't get any javascript to work in firefox 1.0PR

edit...mainly some of the things on spoono.com...the link for graphics and programming

HMMmm those links didn;t work for me either with Firefox - but MOST things have done, so I guess it is just bugging you because of certain Java functions - I'd (maybe) take it to a firefox forum if you care enough? Let us know too though, hey?

well when I search through the forums in other places it's all well it's not coded right this and coded right that. I understand Firefox is supposed to show websites how they are supposed to be seen and bad coded websites won't show up the right way but I mean this will stop a lot of regular users from using it. I have IE and Firefox shortcuts right next to each other so I could pick and choose but I would really like to just have certain javascript actions work in firefox so I don't have to use IE anymore

Until browser makers comply 100% to the standards nothing will be the same in all of them. Yeah it sucks but who's really to blame, the guy that follows the rules or the guy with more then double the market share sitting on the board that decides the rules and builds a browser that breaks them? :p

Those links on spoono.com work fine for me in FireFox (and I haven't modified it or anything), when you click them then different options appear underneath them then you click one of those to go to that page.
The trick with it is, I think, you have to wait for the entire page to load in FireFix before you can use JavaScript links. At least that's what I've found.

For a long while now i havn't had to use IE to open and badly done pages, back when using 0.6 or 0.7 of firefox(bird) then i used to happen semi-often. The only thing i use IE for now is WU and testing webpages when coding

thanks Khayman I will try that...

EDIT...nothing, waited for it to load and everything, could there be an extension problem, I have Tabbrowser extensions, and xmirror installed...but other than that I have nothing else installed...I'm not the only one so there has to be a reason????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

it has something to do with tabbrowser extensions...I didn't go through all the settings so I just uninstalled it and now spoono works...no Idea why but it does

That is odd. I used to to have TBE, but now I use TBP. Might want to try that if you still want some of those features and see if it interferes again

I'm using tbp now and it seems to still work so I'm sticking with that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back