The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Just thought I'd share this Firefox skin since it's the best I've seen in a while... hope it hasn't been posted already. :)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10429888/

Longhorn_Inspiriat_for_Firefox_by_hills_roppongi.png

dumb question how do you manually install skins?

sorry I always install them with the automatic installer

Tuffgong4 said:
dumb question how do you manually install skins?

sorry I always install them with the automatic installer
Save the .jar file to your desktop.
Open Firefox. Hit Tools>Themes
Drag the .jar file from your desktop onto the Themes dialog box.
smile.gif

I would respond but seems threads get closed without any due warning so I wont answer in here.

LMAO

NetRyder said:
Save the .jar file to your desktop.
Open Firefox. Hit Tools>Themes
Drag the .jar file from your desktop onto the Themes dialog box.
smile.gif

there are 4 files in the zip file...I dragged them all there but I got some errors and only one came up as a theme

EDIT forget what I just asked I got it

Yeah, there are some small variations between the 4 apparently.

NetRyder, do you have 1.0PR installed? If so, any noticeable changes from 0.9.3?

I have the PR installed and I dont see any real difference but then again I was not looking for any lol

Just SP2 blocks out some things and I needed a good 2nd browser

Yes, I'm currently using the 1.0PR RC build. And yes, there are lots of changes/additions since 0.9.3
Check here and here for an extensive list and a mini-review.
smile.gif

Also note that most of your extensions will break when you update. It's not a crash-and-burn situation in which everything turns into a buggy mess though. Incompatible extensions are simply disabled and marked in the Extension Manager. The good side of this, however, is that the update feature finally works now, so once the fixed extensions show up on Mozilla Update, you'll be able to update them automatically.
Until then, check out Extensions Mirror for updated/patched extensions that are compatible with 1.0PR

Firefox Preview Release

The Firefox Preview Release is now available, bringing the browser that Maximum PC called 'a revelatory experience' one step closer to its greatly anticipated public release. Three large new features — Live Bookmarks, the Find bar and a new plugin installer — have landed since 0.9, along with a host of critical bugfixes. The final release of 1.0 is expected in the fourth quarter of 2004.

http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=5271

This is one awesome build. All the little changes everywhere are really nice, but the best thing about it is that the update system actually works as advertised now.
AdBlock was able to connect to Mozilla Update and automatically download and install the latest version. As I mentioned earlier, for extensions that don't work and that haven't been officially uploaded to Mozilla Update, there are fixed versions available on ExtensionMirror. Got every single one of my old extensions working with this new build now.

Me = happy.
smile.gif

Great to hear... I haven't checked it out myself yet. Can you do me a favor and check the theme I posted on this page? I'm wondering if it works. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back