• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Photos: New Peripherals from Logitech

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
If Logitech is releasing a new lineup (which it appears that they are) then the new "top of the line" model isn't shown. I assume it will be a Bluetooth configuration (along the lines of the DiNovo Laser and MX5000).

ming

OSNN Advanced
I've got nothing against logitech, but I don't like their design of their mice products. Also, on their entry-level mice, the scroll wheel seem well dodgey - scrolls up and down with the lightest of touches.
I don't like MS newer mice either... they don't have detents like they used to have on the older products (except for gaming mice).

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Microsoft has some sleek new hardware coming down the pipe. I might have to look into it.

Logitech has decent sets but has lacked with new products lately. The software is troublesome too.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I have always had a fancy to Microsoft Hardware over Logitech hardware.

Still looks sexy though, especially since it's black :D

i tend to like the combination i've been sticking too for quite some time now...... Logitech for mice, MS for keyboards.

The software is troublesome too.
madmatt..... if you had the trouble i was having before with my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 and the Intellitype software/drivers..... you wouldn't be complaining about Logitech's software, which so far i've had no problems with.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I have the diNovo Laser (Bluetooth) and every time I open up WMP the SetPoint software "holds" onto it. Meaning if I close WMP then SetPoint keeps it running (not actively, but as a process). The only way to get and keep WMP closed is to kill the process for SetPoint.

Other than that I've had very good luck with Logitech software. It is certainly not bloatware and it is certainly useful.

I also have never had a bad experience with Logitech Support. They have replaced two keyboard/mouse combos without asking me to do much at all (I explained to them I was an IT pro).

think i can top your issues, madmatt. gladly it hasn't happened lately, but before, for some odd reason, a crucial registry entry would either become corrupt or vanish that allowed my keyboard to work (usually upon restart..... computer didn't get restarted that often at that time. lol). usually i'd have to unplug the keyboard, uninstall the drivers, reinstall the drivers, and plug the keyboard back in.

Sazar..... i'm not much into PC racing games, but...... DAAAAMMMNNNNN that looks like a boatload of fun!!!

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
You win the prize for most annoying keyboard/mouse driver/software issue. That is far more annoying than my issue. At least I have an easy fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies