What host should we use?

• ESPN

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • FleaFlicker

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When will this be locked in? I have my two keepers now but want to make sure I pick my 3rd if that is the direction we go.

I think we should at least start talking about a draft date too :D

won't be locked in till much closer to draft time.. you can start recruiting now if you want..

Not a bad idea, but we want to try and have people be active. If we do something like that, they may join and not really participate which isn't any fun.

Exactly... for that matter did we ever get a full list of people who will play the entire season??

I ask because if we goto 12 but only 10 really play then we whould have had a draft based on 10...

Also, if we do get 12 people who say they will play all season long we should think of revamping the number of positions and bench spots available...

Just food for thought!

Mike A!

Also, if we do get 12 people who say they will play all season long we should think of revamping the number of positions and bench spots available...

That is a thought rattling around in my head already. Don't want to go into it too much at this point since we may not get to 12 committed players.. Although it would be very interesting to play a 12 team league with the current roster setup. :)

True, as long as they stay committed all through the season. Some can loose interest along the way or if their team is sucking real bad. Then they ignore it and... well you know the rest.

True, as long as they stay committed all through the season. Some can loose interest along the way or if their team is sucking real bad. Then they ignore it and... well you know the rest.
I have a answer for that, why not have the commish set the roster every week if the owner gives up, and no trades can be made of any team owner that does this.

I like that idea as well Lawman - and they would have to manage injuries such as pick up a player for them to fill a voided roster spot for hurt players.

I have invited a friend of mine from my pay league I advised him I wont be paying to play Fantasy Football this year, sent him the invite (second invite) I dont know if these things are seen as spam or what, but he never got the original...

Mike A!

If your friend continues to have problems, you could just point him to this thread.. or copy/paste the the first post in the thread which has instructions and the password to join the league..

Yup.. so everyone run out and draft Boss come draft time..

speaking of drafting.. my goal is to draft the sometime after the 3rd preseason game and (obviously) before the start of the season.. Most likely during the weekend of the 4th preseason games.

If the league expands, it needs to have the new teams joined right around the 3rd preseason games. Locking of the league size, creating of schedules, any necessary division realignments, and clearing of rosters (other than keepers) will occur shortly after the last preseason game that 3rd week.

With training camps starting up soon, best to bring it up now and have people plan in advance for it. :)

I'm going to use my time machine to warp forward to draft day :ninja:

Oh and fitz, please set up the league so KC can't do 100+ moves throughout the season, Mmmmmm kay.

not really easy to do actually.. there really isn't an option to limit the number of transactions team owners can make, but football is generally different than baseball. Less games.. teams only play once a week, waiver claims play a bigger role..

I don't foresee it being the same problem as it is in our baseball league. If we are able to push to a 12 team league, it would create a tighter free agent pool which would (hopefully) also reduce the number of transactions..

That being said, there are still two spots open to bring us to a 12 team league.. start recruiting people!

Yeah right. I can see KC switching out his team every week. The entire team. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back