What host should we use?

• ESPN

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • FleaFlicker

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If we re-draft we can do it the same way my other two leagues do... it is reverse draft with the tenured league players getting seniority... which means the new teams get added to the end

That would be my preferred way as well if we did a full redraft.
Lets face it... someone always gets screwed if you are in a keeper league and people drop out...
True.. someone usually does get screwed if someone drops out (or new teams are added). Generally though, if someone dropped out, I would keep the dropped team intact and have whoever we get to join to replace him inherits the roster and draft position and gets to choose whoever from his current roster as a keeper.
Although, if we can get enough people to get a full boat of 12 teams it would be awesome...
A full league would be sweet :)

If we have keepers and I believe we should, I think that the existing teams should not be penalized in the first few rounds solely because of having existing players... more to the point, I would like the players kept to have a weighted system... and I have NO idea of how we could do that... maybe base it off of what they players did in our FP scoring for the last year... so long as we keep it the same...

Then like any new expansion team the new teams automatically get the first of the first round picks followed by the reverse draft of the existing teams...

Mike, I've been proposing a system like this for the last couple posts with the weighting system I proposed based on the round they were originally drafted.. If you are not marking LJ as a keeper, you would still have your 1st round pick.

Weighting based on total points scored would be decent as well provided we don't change the scoring around too much from year to year and we come up with a table where x number of points equals x round pick given up.

Do we have a SOLID list of who all is playing this year???
Not yet..

I'm assuming KC, gonaads, fitz, mlakrid, lawman, and falconguard are in.. probably BouncingSoul and MadMatt as well..

not sure about everyone else.

REPLY TO EDIT2: I think it would be easier to start a new league based on redrafts versus redoing our dynasty... then the dynasty teams would be kept or turned over to someone who will play in both!

Either way I think we redraft - if we turn the current league into a dynasty, we would have to redraft since the roster sizes would expand considerably.

edit:
In any case, if we decide to start a dynasty league, I would suggest we start that league on a pay site. I think it would help to keep people committed to the league if they invest real dollars into it. If we had a full 12 team league, it would be ~$8-10 per team per year.

Last edited:
I'm with G -Man, I'm in on whatever we do. On a second league I would be up for that also, but I don't think a pay site would keep anyone around if they feel there team sucked, this is where the comish should just set the team for the remain season with no trades or drops of any players. This would keep the level of league play up. I'm glad everyone is in on this, because this is what we need to make the season great.

Two things -

A, I'm for whatever, just want to play.

B, I'm glad I'm not the comissh anymore :p

Fitzy said it how it is. Expansion teams should struggle, that's the way it works. I have three keepers and will forfit my first three picks.

True, our keepers are like "protected players" like there are in baseball when there is an expansion draft. Others are draftable/eligible for the expansion teams.

Mike, I've been proposing a system like this for the last couple posts with the weighting system I proposed based on the round they were originally drafted.. If you are not marking LJ as a keeper, you would still have your 1st round pick.

Weighting based on total points scored would be decent as well provided we don't change the scoring around too much from year to year and we come up with a table where x number of points equals x round pick given up.

I just mean make it more about how the player did so that it is not automatically a first round choice as keeper penalizes you more next year...

I like the idea of how the player did with FP versus where they were picked up in the draft... I will use myself as the example... if I wanted to ensure I had a good draft this year, I pass on LJ, and keep Ryan Grant and pass on Maroney and hope I get two more good Backs in the first 12 picks I say first 12 because I am much more likely to get two picks in the first 12 since many people already stated they would keep their three keepers...

Whereas if the players were weighted on points... then Grant would be worth a much higher draft pick loss especially since I got him mid season...

Hope that makes sense... regardless of how we do it I will be playing but we need to make some more solid rules on two fronts:

1: Keepers
2: How to weight the draft

Cheers!

Mike A!

well, by default, I would say players picked up during free agency would could as a last round pick under my system of losing picks based on the round they were drafted (as they were not drafted, you would lose yoru last pick for a keeper picked up mid-season through free agency). You'd actually come out ahead in that case if we used my system instead of basing it on points..

But I agree with you in that we need to have some hard rules in place (I also agree with the various people that have stated how glad they are they are not the commish! :p)

I could just make the rules.. but I do like to have input from everyone so that people enjoy playing :)

edit: maybe a combinatino of points and draft position.. ie:
* If your keeper was drafted in the first round but was a total bust and only scored an average of 5 points/week or less (not including injury reasons), you lose a 3rd round pick..
* If your keeper was drafted in the first round and scored 15+ points per week, you lose a 1st round pick..
* If your keeper was a 7th round pick but scored 10+ points/week, you lose a 2nd round pick

note: not those exact numbers, but something along those lines..

Damn, this is becoming a mystery wrapped in an enigma described by a riddle. :s

Anyone got a map? :rolleyes:

IF YOU GET ONE SEND ME A COPY. Hey how did we setup or keepers? I can find where I set them up.

Lawman:

Under the team tab, there should be a "team Options" link. You should have an option to set your keepers from there.

I tried to be competitive last year.. I was haunted by injury after injury... I had a decent team on paper... but they sucked for FP's...

Oh well..

Mike A!

Excuses, Excuses!!

People who didnt even change their rosters had wins...

I was the only one without a SINGLE win...

OHH THE PAIN!!!

S'ok... I was both the comish and the league winner in my office pool :laugh:

I had BRADY AND MOSS!! WOOT!!

Mike A!

*cough* cheating commish *cough*

hee hee :) just kidding! Of course, you grabbing moss and brady was quite the coup for last year.. of course, if you need any proof that the world tends to even itself out, just reflect back on your performance in this league. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back