What host should we use?

• ESPN

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • FleaFlicker

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why don't you recruit someone? Hmm Fitzy?

Yeah right. I can see KC switching out his team every week. The entire team. :p

lol.. if we were a pay league, I would put a very quick stop to KC (or at least make it more acceptable to everyone) by putting in a per transaction fee.. say xx number of dollars for every transaction with the money going into the reward pot at the end of the season.

I like that idea commish, kkeep us updated.

which idea?

All things considered there is nothing in place to limit transactions in baseball, although we will next year. If it's that big of a deal, just post something in the other thread to ask me to stop and I won't do another transaction. I don't want to make anyone feel that something is unfair.

I play football in a league that is pay-per-transaction, definitely much different :D

it doesn't really bother me.. if you want to swap in and out half your team every day and check in every couple hours to see.. that's up to you. :p :)

All things considered there is nothing in place to limit transactions in baseball, although we will next year. If it's that big of a deal, just post something in the other thread to ask me to stop and I won't do another transaction. I don't want to make anyone feel that something is unfair.

I play football in a league that is pay-per-transaction, definitely much different :D

Done. :smoker:

it doesn't really bother me.. if you want to swap in and out half your team every day and check in every couple hours to see.. that's up to you. :p :)

Hey you, shut up. Don't encourage him. :suprised:

lol.. if we were a pay league, I would put a very quick stop to KC (or at least make it more acceptable to everyone) by putting in a per transaction fee.. say xx number of dollars for every transaction with the money going into the reward pot at the end of the season.

which idea?
On the draft.

I have a question... if we have the draft setup already and IF we get two new people that means we are going to have a pre-draft for those two new teams prior to the start of the season...

The REASON I am bringing this up is because I may want to bolster my picks this draft... I have FOUR count them FOUR Top TIER running backs, and would like to have traded them for a draft pick BEFORE the new additions come into play...

Thoughts Ideas???

I have not made up my mind as to who my 2 keepers will be; however, I am leaning heavily to both Johnson's...

If someone would like to consider any of these four... reasonable picks for players will be considered:

Rudi Johnson
Larry Johnson
Lawrence Maroney
Ryan Grant...

ALL OFFERS considered...

Mike A!

I have two interested parties. I just forgot who they were. I might remember soon.

Hard to really say what is valueable to trade for not really knowing who's going to end up out there in the draft pool IMO.

I remembered who wants to join our league!

if we have the draft setup already and IF we get two new people that means we are going to have a pre-draft for those two new teams prior to the start of the season...

The REASON I am bringing this up is because I may want to bolster my picks this draft... I have FOUR count them FOUR Top TIER running backs, and would like to have traded them for a draft pick BEFORE the new additions come into play...

You can still make trades up until I actually clear the rosters. So, if you can find a takers for any of your 4 players for draft picks, you can still make those trades.

The rosters won't be cleared until very close to the draft. If we get two new teams, they will be able to pick up two non-rookie free agents after the rosters are cleared and before the draft.

edit:
also, remember, if we don't get two new teams, you'd be setting 3 keepers.

Last edited:
mlakrid's post got me to thinking on the inherit high cost of trading for draft picks right now during the offseason prior to the draft.. basically, to trade for a player now means you give up both a draft pick as well as one of your keeper spots (since, I'm assuming you trade for, say, Larry Johnson, you would want to mark him as a keeper).

To give an example, I have Romo and Addai marked as keepers along with a 1st round pick where I *should* be able to pick up another very good RB. Let's say I trade with mlakrid my 1st round pick for Larry Johnson.. now, in order to keep Larry Johnson I have to mark him as a keeper so I have to drop Addai or Romo as a keeper.. but I've also lost my 1st round pick so I have wait until the 2nd round to pick up either another RB or a QB to replace whoever was left on the short end of the stick.

In my opinion, this is a VERY high cost to pay for a trade beyond just the draft pick you lose..

I'm contemplating implementing something along these lines:
If you trade for a player with a draft pick, they would not count towards your keeper limits. Meaning, you would still be able to choose two other keepers along with the player you just traded for. So if I traded my 1st pick for Larry Johnson, I would still be able to set Addai and Romo as keepers and I would start the draft with all 3 players.
FleaFlicker does not really account for this kind of scenario so when i clear rosters, LJ would be dropped as well, but the commish (me) would manually just add those players traded for back to the rosters.

I haven't thought this all the way through, but wanted to throw this out there to get some opinions.

You would still lose a draft pick though right? As long as that occurs, I'm OK - I agree that's a high cost to pay.

Can you set the amount of keepers per team? Could just give that team a 3rd keeper slot.

-edit- can we at least schedule the draft soon? I have a few crazy weeks/months coming up and I want to make sure I know when it is :D

You would still lose a draft pick though right? As long as that occurs, I'm OK - I agree that's a high cost to pay.

Can you set the amount of keepers per team? Could just give that team a 3rd keeper slot.

-edit- can we at least schedule the draft soon? I have a few crazy weeks/months coming up and I want to make sure I know when it is :D

Yes.. still lose the draft pick you traded away as part of the deal.

The number of keepers is set for the whole league. Can't set it for each individual team..

Draft scheduling.. yes.. I should be looking at that soon. My next couple weeks are crazy too. I think I mentioned before that I'd like it to occur sometime around weeks 3 and 4 of the preseason..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back