What host should we use?

• ESPN

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • FleaFlicker

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Fleaflicker baseball would rock. Fleaball? Fleanine?

Can we backup our rosters somehow incase something happens?

A message from the founder regarding the sale to AOL
To all Fleaflicker members:

I've decided to sell Fleaflicker to AOL.

I will continue to operate the site. There will be some minor changes as we integrate with AOL Sports but otherwise everything will remain the same.

Fleaflicker has come a long way in just three and a half years. During that time I was possessed by a single (and often unhealthy) obsession—making the best fantasy football site. My decision to sell was made with this goal in mind.

AOL and I share the same vision for expanding the site. Integrating with AOL sports will improve Fleaflicker immeasurably. (For example, FanHouse blogs provide the most insightful sports commentary on the Internet; their content will ultimately be integrated into Fleaflicker.)

The bottom line is this: I made this decision because I am certain it will improve the game for all Fleaflicker users.

The site will remain free this season for sure. And I'll definitely fight to keep it that way.

There won't be any big changes. The ads will not be any more intrusive than they have been in the past. (Ads are currently disabled by the way--the site is totally ad free, at least for now.)

I won't make any drastic changes without giving you the opportunity to respond.

Ok.. so the 2008 NFL draft is over.. some teams have already had rookie minicamps.. I know baseball is still early, but it's never too early to talk football!

We have two open spots in our league as I've opened it up to 12 teams (from the 10 we had last year).

If we get a full league of 10 players, I will be dropping the number of keepers so you only get to keep 2 players. The two new teams will go through a "mini draft" where they get to choose 2 players as their "keepers" going into the season from the remaining free agents.

After that, we'll plan/schedule our fantasy draft sometime in the fall hopefully sometime between week 3 and week 4 of the pre-season.

I feel that we should be able to keep more of our players, all if no new teams join. This should be a true keepers league, regardless of how many new teams join.

My cousin plays in another league and they keep five players from year to year.

Proposition before the board (players from last season)

After discussing this over with Commish Fitzy, here's my idea. Please voice your opinion.

I propose that we are allowed to keep up to 5 players. If you keep the max of 5 players then you lose your first 5 draft picks and your first pick will come in the 6th round. If you decide to keep only 2 then you lose your first two draft picks and your first pick will come in the 3rd round. If you decide to keep none of your current players then your first pick comes in the 1st round.

I feel this works well for those of us who like our teams and any new teams that we add to our league.

Thoughts?

I'm okay with this.. would mean a little more work for the commish (me, right now) when setting up the draft order as I would have to manually edit the first couple rounds.. but nothing to major.

My only two comments would be
1) Change the max to 4 instead of 5 - I personally like the turn over of the rosters..
2) If the league expands, that max would be lowered further to expand the talent pool for the new players.

I don't mind the proposal, and 4 is a great number for keepers, that way new teams will have that incentive to jump in.

I'd settle for four. Four is a good number.

dont let him boss you about, he cant see the double post he did either so your not the only one who cant read :p

Fitz, I'm okay with it, I will contact my son tonight. Carpo are you playing this year?

lol. my double post was because the server was hung when I tried to post it and, silly me, I hit the submit button twice :)

It's fixed now (or will be as soon as I finish this post anyway)

I'm OK with this too, not sure how I missed this thread (I'm so ashamed)

It's funny - they were all dated the 5th but they weren't orange so I thought they were mad old lol

I think 4 would be good - 5 is too many - 3 is too hard to choose. Hopefully with all the traffic though we can get some fresh blood for next season :)

Carpo, you can still use stats, internet to learn players rating, you never know you may get into to it like us, don't let be overseas stop you, I served 9 1/2 years living in germany with the army staying up half the night to watch any american football game that came on, and I did find myself watching alot of soccer, which I still love today.

i dont really have time time at the moment to be honest, real life is over taking many things - why i havent been posting on the front page

Proposition before the board (players from last season)

After discussing this over with Commish Fitzy, here's my idea. Please voice your opinion.

I propose that we are allowed to keep up to 5 players. If you keep the max of 5 players then you lose your first 5 draft picks and your first pick will come in the 6th round. If you decide to keep only 2 then you lose your first two draft picks and your first pick will come in the 3rd round. If you decide to keep none of your current players then your first pick comes in the 1st round.

I feel this works well for those of us who like our teams and any new teams that we add to our league.

Thoughts?

I am good with that and with what fitz pointed out as to if the League expands then the total players you can carry over would drop accordingly.
Sounds OK.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back