OSNN Adverts

Britsh Gas advet at the bottom of the pages is making noises. There are several different ones, this one has tumbleweeds blowing across it and makes wind noises. very annoying

Its a flash one, can't see the url but it comes from this code
Code:
http://ads.bannerconnect.net/servlet/view/banner/javascript/zone?zid=40&pid=7&random='+Math.floor(89999999*Math.random()+10000000)+'
 
i noticed random sounds the other day, couldn't figure out which add it was :/
 
Bloody advert.
I will be looking at them again later this week.
 
Hey EP I know the ads have been giving you a headache trying to fix but at least you havn't had any infecting people like The Register. 😛

Info on this virus here.
 
No offense as I realize a site needs to generate some support income - as I have included ads on my site - but this is getting ridiculous. If I use Firefox and deny, once again - I receive several port scans, effectively shutting my firewall down (viewed as attacks)

If I don't allow these, they will repeatedly pop up until I do. It's getting to the point that I do not want to visit here anymore. This is the only site that I visit with this problem.

zads.jpg

zads2.jpg

zads3.jpg

zads4.jpg
 
Odd, i use Spybot an I don't get those reports
 
I was using IE - firefox does not report as such but kicks in firewall to ask permission - if I don't then chances are I get port scanned.
 
Here's what occasionally happens when denying an ad connection when using Firefox. Effectively killing the apps connection requiring a new set of permissions as unblocking is not enough. (must delete app in “Applications” and start over) Post above this one is what happens with IE but no Firewall response – only Spybot popup "hell".

DENIED
z4.jpg

IMMEDIATE RAPID FIRE PORT SCANS
z5.jpg

z6.jpg

z39.jpg


1:39:01 PM Port scanned 67.19.113.220 TCP (2997, 2996, 2995, 2992, 2994, 2991)
1:37:50 PM Port scanned 63.240.76.72 TCP (3056, 3052, 3049, 3062, 3043, 2973)
1:37:17 PM Port scanned 67.15.76.38 TCP (3071, 3067, 3072, 3068, 3026, 3074)
1:37:15 PM Port scanned 69.93.243.146 TCP (3051, 3050, 3020, 3022, 3021, 3019)

Unblocking attack detection makes no difference
z31.jpg
 
Why are you getting port scanned, that is my question. Do you get scanned when you do not block the ads, and do you only get scanned when OSNN?

And if so, who do the IP's belong to? I block all the ads except the google ads and have yet to be scanned in any way at all. I just find it weird that you keep getting port scanned.
 
X-Istence said:
Why are you getting port scanned, that is my question. Do you get scanned when you do not block the ads, and do you only get scanned when OSNN?

And if so, who do the IP's belong to? I block all the ads except the google ads and have yet to be scanned in any way at all. I just find it weird that you keep getting port scanned.
I'm not sure about the port scan but I've got what my firewall called a DoS (that I've posted here before) from ads on this site .. and only from this site. It's been a while though since last time it happend.
 
Very strange 😕 I never seem to have a problem, never any pop-up notices off firefox or scans of anykind.. for those who are having issues...make sure your host files for the nasty buggers are being blocked...update,,update ..update... 😀
 
X-Istence said:
Why are you getting port scanned, that is my question. Do you get scanned when you do not block the ads, and do you only get scanned when OSNN?

And if so, who do the IP's belong to? I block all the ads except the google ads and have yet to be scanned in any way at all. I just find it weird that you keep getting port scanned.


As I stated, "when denying an ad connection when using Firefox"
I wish I knew why
Who? I suppose the ad agencies according to my screenshots
Only this site
I can block with other apps but when I get a popup request is when the attack occurs - only then
 
They have no way of knowing if you blocked the popup or not. That is what is confusing me.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
62,021
Messages
673,242
Members
5,642
Latest member
osipov
Back
Top