.: NvNews / OSNN / SP Folding Thread :.

Status
Not open for further replies.
see those scores, those are all from one 8 core machine. and its only using maybe 30% cpu power.

Yay, more folding :D

Everyone with a newer AMD or Nvidia card should try it out for a bit, especially if your computer is on most the time anyways :)

If you are worried about over-heating, run the card at around 40-50% only. :D

i tried it.. the gpu client is really fast, and has some hi score WUs :D

well that sucks, it looka like there is no gpu client for os x

Moon, just leave your CPU off tbh.

You'll notice if you game using your graphics card, there is an fps hit of 30+ %. I usually pause the client when gaming.

Imagine the hit when running the client on your cpu AND your gpu? Not worth it in my opinion unless you are ultra-hardcore about folding.

well that sucks, it looka like there is no gpu client for os x

They are probably working on one.

I don't know of the ETA because I have been working 60-70hr weeks (hooray end of Federal fiscal year) and haven't seen the latest.

I'll put it on my to-do list, or remind me so I can check and post information on it.

Cheers :D

going to be offline for a while as I re-tool :) be back soon

Congrats to Bman, tearing up through the ranks and also to Schuey for crossing the 2 million points mark like a NINJA !!!

:smoker:

Well done all :D

congrats bman on reaching 1 mil!! Keep it up!!

I am going to take my PS3 off of folding duty soon. The fan is making more noise than I am used to. Going to clean her out thoroughly and will think about slapping her back into duty.

ok mac 8 core is back online..... its a little more complex on a mac to set up and i was too lazy.... :)

Decided to run the F@H client on my new server (see my blog for more info). AMD Athlon X2 4600+ :D

Thought about running it on the other computers on my LAN. Anyone have any issue with it interfering with other things. I know it processes when idle but just curious as to the transparency of the client.

Define interfering?

I have not had an issue with the gpu client other than a noticeably degraded performance gaming while the client runs. I can still run TF2 for example, but the frame-rate is cut down about 15-20 fps :)

On this system I have the SMP and GPU clients set to low priority so I stop them whenever I want to recode video or game. Except the SMP, I let it run when I game. I'd rather do it this way, but anything else I do I let them both run. One thing I've noticed, which might only be related to my hardware, when a video starts from any video software, Windows Media Player/capture software/DVR software/DVD playback, it's slow getting started. Once it starts it's not really glitchy at all. So I've just taken to stopping the GPU client when starting any kind of video for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back