.: NvNews / OSNN / SP Folding Thread :.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on yah Fegster :D

Remind me to rep when I get home. I can't at work unfortunately.

Geffy is storming up the charts! Reps!

hoorah for 16 quad core servers, though down to 12 now as 4 were provisioned :p

I think it's time for me to get back into this a bit, stay tuned :)

Our team folding had increased quite nicely :D

Gamespot is in the crosshairs. 3 1/2 days away!

grinding away...........

rank 158 :) w00t.... we have not been at this number in a long time. keep on keeping on!...and Gamespot is long gone...

I need to get the PS3 back online... :smoker:

w00, we moved up a rank. Shame they don't make a proper BSD client otherwise I'd get my server and parents fileserver folding too.

We have dropped one point back to 159 :( for a while there we were gaining. time to kick it in high gear. :devious:

got my pc running the client almost 24/7 in the background again for the last 2 weeks or so, not sure if it's helping much - but it's generally sat doing nothing anywho :p

Every little bit helps :)
Get your team badge!

Fired up the Nvidia GPU client. Let's see how the bastard performs. Using current WHQL drivers from Nvidia, ver 175.xx or whatever.

I do think it's pants that if you view the damn client, it seems to submit work units as soon as you close even if you are only 1% done. Let's hope it's just a graphical error.

/poke anyone who can accept me to folding group

I presume that's how I get my little badge! :p (I think)

You have your badge now :)

Re: the nvidia client, buggiest pile of crap EVER. I'm going to wait till something better is released.

According to the design team, ATi/AMD went for stability, Nvidia went for speed. We can see now which was the right way to go. My old 1950 wasn't problem free but it didn't crash every few moments and actually submitted results. I folded 2 units on the nvidia card and 0 submissions. Stupid, absolutely STUPID software.

It works ok for some people but unless you plan on folding 24/7 on the system, I would not recommend it for a daily use system.

Thanks Sazar :)

Still chugging along, but this system's falling to pieces.. hopefully once I get mahself a proper career, i'll be upgrading within 2 months then really start pumping out some WUs

/glares and forewarns everyone that he'll be bugging them for hardware advice

one of my desktops that was dedicated to folding/testing has died.. expect my production lately to drop until I get it sorted out. Keeps bluescreening when starting the folding client and I suspect either 1) bad driver or 2) bad memory

I am going to buy the new 4870 based dual-chip card when it is released and look to offload by 1950xt for cheap or give it to a friend and then run my 8800gts as much as possible in my HTPC setup, folding :)

It appears the majority of issues for the g80 core in folding are a result of x64 drivers and support so, in my 32-bit setup, it should run fine :D

:) Our team seems to be on the up-swing. team rank back to 158

I would like to mention that bman's folding has truly helped along with Geffy. Thanks goes to all who are chipping in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back