.: NvNews / OSNN / SP Folding Thread :.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trukkmann

OSNN Addict
Yeah theres a little performance drop, depending if you configure its CPU usage to idle or low priority. I always set it to low and experience no noticable performance drop when browsing the web or orther menial tasks. But SuperPi tests confirm around 30-40% increase in calculation times. Memory usage is usually pretty high with the SMP client so if you have a software running that is sensitive to high memory demands (like my video surveillance server running DVR software) folding may not work on that machine.

On a side note, I was wondering if anyone had some information about the NvNews / OSNN / SP merger. Did the teams merge, combining points or did some members have to abandon their old team number for one of the others, with a team name change? Reason I ask, my 'old' team is going through restructuring since abit is R.I.P. but we have a jackass running the show who doesn't want to change the team name (because of his username), even though we had a team of a handfull join up. The majority of the team wants a name that better describes us, 'United' something-or-other to better encompass multiple teams under the same flag. I just wanted to know if it's possible to combine teams in a neater way than giving up on a particular team number altogether, and forcing the new join-ups to start over from zero.

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Our team should be kicking it up a notch. I just re-enabled my quad-core Xeon as well as brought my PS3 online...let's see if we can't kick some folding @$$

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I have been offline for sometime now, i really hope to get back on. just have my laptop and macbook. PC rig is down. and i have not had my PS3 running. :(

I hope to atleast have the PS3 folding a straight week :)

ejn74

Folding Master!
Political User
lets get more people folding. There are only 16 active folders right now. Please Fold more. Thank You!!!

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I'm folding, I'm folding :eek:

ejn74

Folding Master!
Political User
Yes, We need Many Many more though!!!

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
i am finally up again. adding the ps3 this weekend. too busy playing KZ2...

vern

Dominus
Political User
So yeah, I have come back to folding. My last work unit was 2007. Back then I was on top ... ahh good times. I have two machines folding atm.

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
awesome! thanks for the contribution vern :)

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
1 MEEELYON points :smoker:

Go me.

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
Congratulations, I'd rep you for the prodigious folding accomplishment, but it seems we don't have that ability anymore...:(

vern

Dominus
Political User
Currently have two desktops and two laptops folding atm.

ejn74

Folding Master!
Political User
congrats to Schuey on becoming the new 1st place folder on the team!!

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I am going to take a break from folding for a couple of months. :(

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
i've been taking a break for a lot longer saz.. no worries..

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Got two machines folder now :D
Is there a way I can see the progress of my current unit as you used to be able to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KateBentley