.: NvNews / OSNN / SP Folding Thread :.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should be able to throw some more weight at it in a bit when we bring some more servers online, though it looks like my desktop and our office machine are doing a pretty good job on their own

Ok, back up and running with my gpu client folding :)

Hopefully, no issues this time as I have updated my drivers (beta's), am using a modded .inf file and other items. It SHOULD work under x64 w/o issues and apparently it IS folding nicely instead of giving me EUE's :D

Also, thanks to the new NvNews peeps who are folding away :D

Welcome and thanks for the contributions.

Folding is going well. Had to reinitialize the bastid after my 2nd WU was completed but it's chugging along well enough. I was even able to play CS Soccer earlier without incident although my frame-rate was almost halved.

I think I should probably be able to hit about 3-4K a day at this rate, inclusive of some gaming. Only running my gpu @ about 60-65%.

We've had a few of our NvNews brethren join the fold as we have gone from around 12-15k all the way up to 32k a day :)

Feel free to post in the folding page in their OPEN section and thank them for their contributions :D

just reinstalled my F@H this week, hopefully the server will start catching up again soon :)

I'm going to be adding a few servers this week or shortly :)

Its great to be doing so well.

I love it!!

ejn74 you sir are teh folding freak :)... cookies for ya...

I have been having some real crappy units lately. on 2 workstations i have been trying out the latest High Performance Windows Client; 6.12 beta 11 (July 16th build)

p2170_lambda_obc_300K units are acting slow for a minimum return. I think I should switch back to a more stable client :crosseyed:

On digg today

Massive folding farm with 51 nVidia Video Cards

A member on overclock.net forums and their folding@home team has put together an amazing folding farm, Consisting of 51 nVidia 8800 series GPU's and 13 MSI P6N Diamond motherboards which each have 4 PCI Express slots for 4 video cards per board, based on calculations this folding Juggernaut can put out about 265,200PPD.

:eek:

how can i still be in 11th place after not folding for almost 4 months, come on guys.

ok i actually have a question, i now have an 8core intel 2.8ghz mac and i want to fold on it, the client i downloaded, doesn't really use all the cores, is there a client that will max all the cores out?

i know the pc had an smp client, does the mac have one?

how can i still be in 11th place after not folding for almost 4 months, come on guys.

ok i actually have a question, i now have an 8core intel 2.8ghz mac and i want to fold on it, the client i downloaded, doesn't really use all the cores, is there a client that will max all the cores out?

i know the pc had an smp client, does the mac have one?

I would check on the folding forums buddy.

http://foldingforum.org/viewforum.php?f=6

Mac OSX section :)

hey i did check on the folding forum, and this guy with a double helix told me to go..... :)

I tried to set this up again recently and I failed miserably. I need to study F@H :(

hey.. i wanna fold with my new cpu.. but i dont think i've setted the client up correctly

how can i check if im using all cores?

Hey guys long time no post! Just noticed yall are folding and wanted to drop in and say WAY TO FOLD! :) If you want to see if all cores of your CPU are folding, Task Manager would be the easiest way. We at Team Abit aka abit-wolves use fahmon ( http://www.fahmon.net/ ) to monitor the progress. Those of you who have a high-end graphics card will be happy to see you can get 4000-5000 ppd folding with the GPU client! :eek: Our team has been suffering set backs and rumors that abit will quit the motherboard market, which is really depressing for us, so I may become a crossover if things don't brighten back up. Anyway look for me to be bugging you guys more and more! :p :cool:

Thanks trukkmann :D

I used to own an abit board way back in the day, will be disappointing to see them get out of the segment :(

I am generating about 4000 PPD with my gfx card @ 80% so I can vouch for the 4500/5000 PPD range. I haven't updated my drivers to the latest version supporting CUDA but I heard that is supposed to provide a boost.

Good job to the whole team btw, excellent average considering at one time we were struggling to break 10k :D

Keep it up :)

Forgot to get this installed on my new system.. should make a nice difference compared to the old one - especially if I overclock to 4.2 steadily :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back