.: NvNews / OSNN / SP Folding Thread :.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah, 1 million PS3's out of about 400-500k are folding. Amazing maths :D

I wish I could work for Sony and put out random numbers. :smoker:

So at the moment there is apparently an issue with the PS3 servers and project upload/downloads.

My system was on all day and wasn't able to log onto the server and submit my WU that I finished around 4AM.

Oh and btw, I am still waiting for credit for my 1500 pointer :)

I have a question, Is there a Folding client out there designed for off-line folding.
example: download a work unit, load it to a PC that has no internet access, crunch the unit then able to upload back? I googled and searched but to no avail.

I know it sounds a bit odd, but.... At work I have 5 pc's with heavy horsepower that would be ideal for some kick-ass* numbers...

anyone? :)

not really. You can config the command line client to pull workunits without deadlines. I believe you can also set it up to pull down up to 10 WU to work on at a time. So, if they only occasionally have access to the internet, you can have it submit in batches.

Hooray, I am folding another 1500 pointer and I still haven't received credit for the one from before :)

Good times roll on :D

Hah, I had to reboot for an update 3 days ago and the 5000 frame WU I had just finished, like a minute before, got wiped. :s

/me snickers

5000 frame

;)

I am working on a 1.2 million frame wu :D

I kid obviously, and I am still waiting to see if I get credit for this sucker :(

Last edited:
Aaaaaaa, they lost it. Go do it again. :p

Well you don't see me with credit for it yet do you?

It's already been submitted :)

Like I said, they lost it. Maybe some database glitch. *looks around for EP* :rolleyes:

Seems like they are crediting back some of the older WU's.

Now I am apparently only missing the 1500 pointers :D

Hooray for stuff and what not. \o/

/me bans Carpo

Your jokes offend my sensibilities.

Now FOLD :smoker:

that was what he said to me in another thread ;) , now leave me be before i fold you over :p

On a positive note, our team's overall output has gone back up a little bit over the past few days.

Kudo's to all and if anyone is still on the fence, or has a PS3 sitting around that could f@ld, please join up :)

im about 45% through doing my backups, this quad core is allowing me to do near 4 (2 passes each and encoding the audio :p) a night :p so give it a month and i should be back in and folding overnight for 8 hours while im sleeping :)

carpo, if you have a quad core, I would suggest looking at getting the SMP client working. The SMP work units are giving over 1000+ points per unit..

The quad's are beasts because the SMP client pulls WU's with high point counts.

Even a dual-core core2 will be able to produce 400-600 ppd depending on load and clocks.

im just scared what with me encoding to x264 and folding my cpu will blow up or something - obviously not doing both at the same time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back