.: NvNews / OSNN / SP Folding Thread :.

Status
Not open for further replies.
managed to complete a unit the other day and got 340 points for it - and am about to complete another one got 5% left and it roughly takes 12-13mins per % - not bad seeing as i run it for about 8 hours every other day overnight while I'm sleeping (doing x264 encodes every other day), or lately 4 hours during the day while I'm out :)

Date of last
work unit
2008-02-22 20:20:02

well thats wrong - how long it norm take to update - it should be showing 3 work units done now

they have now - it didn't when i looked at 11pm last night and that was well after 3 hours after i submitted the work unit

The good news is our team totals and average are rising again. I would like us to reside around 20k a day if possible :)

But 15k is nothing to sniff at.

sorry i stopped folding for a while, but hopefully you'll now see the overall points go up from my quads and dual core machines.

i also just bought a ps3 last night so i may add that as well, but i am concerned about fah causing my ps3 to overheat, is this a legitimate concern?

Well I izz still puttin along. I will break 10,000 with this my 35th WU. Not bad for not running some obercool dual core or quad core CPU, just my lowly Athlon 64 2.4Ghz. :D

Thats what I am using :)

My ps3 and my amd dual-core proc.

sorry i stopped folding for a while, but hopefully you'll now see the overall points go up from my quads and dual core machines.

i also just bought a ps3 last night so i may add that as well, but i am concerned about fah causing my ps3 to overheat, is this a legitimate concern?

My ps3 folds fine without overheating.

Plus the ps3 app allows you to make it fold a unit and then shutdown after submitting, if you don't want it running non-stop.

I may possible slow down the ps3 uploads now that I have it connected to my hdtv, but we'll see. I am still leaning towards using my xbox for as much as I can.

if i can get this one encode done before i go to bed i might get it doing another 45% while i sleep :p

My main folding rig was turned off overnight.. dang nab it.. there goes my 1700 some odd points every other day. :)

get about 12-13mins per % so norm overnight i get about 40-45% :)

I am thinking of flipping my notebook back onto folding, might net me another coupla hundred points a day and get me up around 1500 ppd :smoker:

But not sure I wanna do that.

Also, can't wait for Nehalem to drop :D

i'm doing a 5 million step wu and it does a % every 5 mins is that bad?

I am thinking of flipping my notebook back onto folding, might net me another coupla hundred points a day and get me up around 1500 ppd :smoker:

But not sure I wanna do that.

Also, can't wait for Nehalem to drop :D

I was also thinking 'bout setting my Laptop for this. It has a dual core Intel, but I worried about any overheating from just sitting.

Hmmmm... I could stick it in a bucket of ice water. :rolleyes: ha ha ha [/end bad joke] errrr, no. :D

i just bought a cooling station for my laptop, that raises it off the desk and has fans, my laptop was running at 80c before now its down to 45-50c on full load... pretty impressive.

You need to have your PS3 in an open space, not in an enclosed space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back