NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I copied the link from a different site, that is THEIR team id, make sure you use OUR team id which is 35216 else it will not sub to our team.

Thieft!!!!!!

I got the 1.3 up and going for me. :D

Sazar said:
I... primarily because your proc WILL warm up and it WILL run hotter than at any other time....:smoker:

Hmm yeah and you are obviously more conservative about temps - I have had my old 3500 around 58 - 62 folding flat out and am letting me new X2 4200 rip with 100% foldx2 pulling 56oC as I type, but sometimes that goes to 58 and I am running with the side off! Guess my build has some heat issues! :smoker:

I killed my 2nd console folding app after submission last night.

I noticed it was slowing down my reboot times (rather, just the time from windows entering d'top environment, to being usable).

I installed 2 patches yesterday and needed a reboot for each plus I uninstalled some crap software I had, also needed a reboot.

Typically my system runs non-stop but when I rebooted, I noticed the issues.

but I mean if you never reboot, then what does it matter if it takes your computer longer to boot?

I would rather get the extra output from the folding...

I was weighing that but I am not sure of the benefits. I have 2 units folding on one core @ 25% v/s 1 folding @ 50%, it kinda evens out.

I am folding on both cores with both at 100%, system is running fine and dandy here :)

How much has your production gone up since doing that? Anything noticable?

Yeah my machine was off most of yesterday, I don't leave it on when I'm not here. Trying to cut down on electric bills to help save for wedding :)

Not just that, cutting corners wherever I can :)

Sazar said:
I have updated my sig to include a link to the app kcny posted (don't delete the app coz I have it linked directly :) ) as well as a user-guide to multi-core folding.

The app will take care of most of the steps for you automatically but do read to make sure you know what it is doing.

My personal preference is to not allocate 100% on both cores for folding. I would suggest perhaps 80-90% or so at most, primarily because your proc WILL warm up and it WILL run hotter than at any other time.

Previously my proc never cross 45C. Running 24/7 for a coupla weeks with this, I am now maxed at 48C. My cores are both running at 80% max.

Also, I have a link for the current ACTIVE folders and what they are doing :) EOC's website is awesome :smoker:

Ohhh now I have control over your signature links, muhahahaha :devious:

Once I get the F.A.Q. done, we can put it somewhere more permanent. I'm working on it :rolleyes: :p

Nice :)

Our per day should shoot over 10k then. :cool:

EP, what are you bringing online?

Dang.. I have 3 big gromacs unit in the pipeline (364 point ones). Might be a couple days before these 3 get completed. My point totals might be a little low next day or two.

Raz0r and Sazar are in a good points battle at the moment.
Only a few points apart - it's quite exciting !!!

"NetRyder - Date of last work unit: 2004-02-23"
Folding with a P4 in a laptop didn't work out so well, as you might imagine. :D

I'm back in...with my desktop this time, so that's one Athlon64 4000+ contributing to the team. My first work unit is huge (50 million steps, 408 points!), so it might take a while before it's done. I'll get my badge once it submits. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back