NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that you have the "all clear" to go for it

cool, i'll stick it on today, it looks like the machine that could upload the points has finally done it, and i've gone up a level.

ok i am officially getting tired of this "cannot connect" bs, look at my log, i haven't been able to send a wu from one of my machines since the beginning of novemeber, thats 3 wu's ago. and i have 2 that wont go from my other machine.

what can i do?

Attachments

• FAHlog.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 136
  • FAHlogcomp2.txt
    28.9 KB · Views: 145
do you by chance have 2 NICs on these computers?

no, i had to think about that for a second, my laptop does, but it works fine, its my two processing machines, they both have a gigabit nic, and it works perfectly fine, as i use my network all the time for 10gb file transfers.

i would uninstall and reinstall, but that would mean me losing four months worth of work, if you combine both machines...no wonder by count dropped so much, when i first started i was submitting almost as many points each day as you brad...

by foldings calculations i should have been at 100k by the end of this month, thats clearly isn't going to happen.

i'm just going to uninstall them, and re-install the console version, maybe that would help.

wait. stop both of the WUs. delete the config.cfg file and then run the folding client again, see if that helps.

The reason that I asked if you had multiple NICs is because I was running into this issue at the office. I had to make sure that I disabled the ethernet NIC before tried to have the WUs send on the WLAN.

I was in the orange most of the weekend, back in the green now :(

I think I am going to fall out of the red today.

wait. stop both of the WUs. delete the config.cfg file and then run the folding client again, see if that helps.

The reason that I asked if you had multiple NICs is because I was running into this issue at the office. I had to make sure that I disabled the ethernet NIC before tried to have the WUs send on the WLAN.

i did a search for that config file and i couldn't find it anywhere on my pc.

EDIT: well i found the config file on my other machines and when i deleted it, it also deleted all my work for 2 months as well, so thanks.... :).... i just uninstalled it and installed the console, perhaps it'll work now.

Last edited:
i was being sarcastic about the thanks by the way :)

the client.cfg file is only your configuration. I have deleted it many times and never lost my work, so I don't know what you did.

check your recycling bin, maybe it's in there.

maroon :(. I have to take a look at one of my lab PCs. For some reason it is unable to submit. That is 1000 points waiting there alone.

well when i deleted it, it reset all my previous wu's to zero and all my waiting work was gone..... it doesn't matter anyway, they probably would never have uploaded in the first place.

:D

Les go team. We should break a few spots in the next week or two.

I'm doing what I can at the moment...I know every little bit helps:)

just reinstalled Xp on my desktop, my numbers should go back to normal.

My numbers would go back to normal if not for the ludicrous work units I am getting.

It took my slowest machine 12 days to finish a 392 point WU. But that's the rate it used to take to finish a 240 point WU in 7 days. I guess it's better than nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back