NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing the things you discover after a bottle and a half of chardonay.

Half network moved to my new address... machines still in boxes so will be a while until I reconfigure and get new network up and my folding will drop no doubt but hopefully be back sometime soon...

bad news, I lost my Wireless USB adapter...that is what I was using to transmit from the server...

bad news, I lost my Wireless USB adapter...that is what I was using to transmit from the server...
I have an Edimax USB WAP - interested? message me if so and I am happy enough to ship for goodwill and the folding cause....

Do i just plug it into the computer and that's it?

that and drivers (it is an old 802.11B) plus the normal configuration for access.... It is a long time since I used them, and I seem to remember their being slightly temperamental to set up - but once going working fine. Then I was using them at limits of range (which is not the greatest I have to say)

Rats, I can't use B, it has to be G. Thanks anyway.

ah well - never mind (doubting i shall EVER home that WAp now!)...

as for my folding - half machines up and running at new abode - two more to move for one more dip (that is the dual core and server, which is not currently folding anyway)

I think I am going to go out and buy a new one today. My average is suffering big time.

Oh snap. Now they done and did it. My home desktop and laptop are up and running now. I am going to go out this afternoon and buy a nother Wireless USB nic where I have 5000 pts waiting to be submitted. I have a couple more machines that I can set this up on as well.

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Last edited:
Nice Brad, spread the word and revive some of the sleeping OSNN folders!

The new units for folding are attrociously crap IMO.

Take several days for each and yield just a coupla hundred points.

:(

I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that I have 4 more computers folding. The bad news is that I can't connect my server to the wireless network. For some reason it is not getting a connection. This was the main unit that was turning out a bunch of 600 pt units, so I have to make sure that it gets up and running ASAP.

Please let me know if you have any pointers and I will try them out.

EDIT: I fixed it. I Reinstalled the application and it works now. Sweet. Get ready to see some more output from me.

Last edited:
Looks like you had quite a bit of output waiting offline, near 6k today alone :eek:

I just added a C2D and a Pentium D = both crunching on two cores :D

Yeah, the server had about 5k waiting on it alone, plus the other ones that i brought back online.

ooooh! Well the good news this end is that I have moved my dual core rig over and that is online now.... all that is left is my server, which does not presently fold anyway.... so I am doing my bit despite the house move.... Also I am due to build a new rig (number three for this year!) but that may be waiting for the January sales here in the UK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back