Newbie Questions Needed! :)

Ah sorry forgot about VersionTracker, just tried RBrowserLite looks like a good freeware ftp client.

Yeah, I forget that I used that at one time. Works well.

desie said:
Ah man thanks for that link, *prints it of*. Anyone know a good SSH program like putty or can you do it through terminal? Or is there better software like putty? I really need an FREE FTP program if any of you know them, I don't like trials :p.

Open terminal

type:

ssh <hostname>

Or

man ssh

to see the options. Now, there is nothing better than this, even putty does not match up with it.

Yeah you don't need a SSH prog like X said, just do it from terminal. :)

Thank you Terminal SSH rocks :D just what I wanted. Now I think I have my Mac set-up almost how I want it, now I just got to go get some mac versions of the pc apps I use so I can do my design work on it :). Anyone know how to change VHOST in X-CHAT? Is it in a script file, I cant find the option anywere, I need to so I can talk to my shell.

I was also wondering you know like in dreamweaver mx for mac wen you click of the html document it shows the mac osx background but the toolbars stay is it possible to keep a grey background (like on windows) because that gets really annoying when I use it on my mates powerbook if you get what I mean.

Not possible. The floating toolbars are a godsend, and you should be punished for suggesting it should be put back into a grey window.

X-Istence said:
Not possible. The floating toolbars are a godsend, and you should be punished for suggesting it should be put back into a grey window.

:laugh:

X-Istence said:
I did find this "interesting" when first using a Mac, but once I got use to it I like it much better. :)

Why should I be punished? Ive been using Windows since I was 12 and now im 18, it's kinda difficult when you load dreamweaver then see your desktop, it's kinda weird.

I'm sure you'll get used to it quickly. A grey window is a waste.

My hard drive died on my iBook! Since I bought this from my roommate, and it was still under warranty, is there a way to check online and see if the warranty is still valid? Or can you tell me now if it's valid or not?

Unwonted said:
At least he took the time to choose his name carefully...

oh my... REPS +++ LOL, I KNEW that name sounded familiar!!

Hehe

Unwonted said:
My hard drive died on my iBook! Since I bought this from my roommate, and it was still under warranty, is there a way to check online and see if the warranty is still valid? Or can you tell me now if it's valid or not?

Are you wondering if the warranty is transferrable? I imagine it is so there shouldn't be a problem. Give support a call and they'll help you out.

Xie said:
I did find this "interesting" when first using a Mac, but once I got use to it I like it much better. :)

I knew about it, since i had used Mac's before, and it had always made a lot more sense to me in the first place, so i enjoyed it once i switched over.

THe thing that got me for a bit, is the "long" running apps. THey don't quit when you hit the red button.

X-Istence said:
THe thing that got me for a bit, is the "long" running apps. THey don't quit when you hit the red button.
Yeah .. that threw me for a bit as well. :p

Well I have another question, I tried searching on google but go no answer. I have a TwinMos USB 2.0 128MB pen drive that works great in any PC with USB that I have tried. However I put it in my Mac Mini and find out it can't initialize it!

It does the same on the G5's and G4's at college in the edit suites, it's really incontinent. Yet my 80GB USB 2.0 Lacie Hard Drive works fine. Any Ideas what’s going on, I mean the external Lacie works great on my Mac Mini and G4's and G5's but it's NTFS so I can't really use it.

desie said:
Well I have another question, I tried searching on google but go no answer. I have a TwinMos USB 2.0 128MB pen drive that works great in any PC with USB that I have tried. However I put it in my Mac Mini and find out it can't initialize it!
My guess would be it's format. I've not used a pen drive but I'm sure it would have to be formatted FAT so that both Windows and MacOS can read it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back