Newbie Questions Needed! :)

I've used several different pen drives with no problem between my G5 and PC. Have you tried reformatting it altogether?

No will try it at home, maybe MacOSX does not have the driver? I will try it on a Linux PC when I can.

According to the TwinMos website, all flash drives are compatible with Mac OS 8.6+, so you should be able to get it working.

formatting worked :D they must have used different FAT32 Format settings at the production factory I guess.

Is it possible to turn my mac mini (10.3.9) into a portable hard drive, I've seen my class mate do it on his PowerBook I thought it was Apple+T?

desie said:
Is it possible to turn my mac mini (10.3.9) into a portable hard drive, I've seen my class mate do it on his PowerBook I thought it was Apple+T?
What exactly do you mean? Do you wanna use it kinda like a external HD? If so I think all you would have to do is plug it into your other PC (Mac/Win) and then just use it. :p

Ooo thanks I will try that next time I reboot. My mac Mini has a firewire port so I hope it does support it.

Got another question, tried searching on Google and on here but did not find anything useful.

I understand it's all cached in a file, I wondered how your delete all your URL history in Safari? I tried History > Clear History but when I type a url they appear, it gets annoying especially when your typing IP address and stuff.

Cheers.

can't you reset it by going to safari-->reset safari ? and/or safari-->empty cache ?

Techno Child said:
can't you reset it by going to safari-->reset safari ? and/or safari-->empty cache ?

I don't suggest a reset safari, that resets everything back to standard, the way to clear the address bar is to clear the history. So click "history" and then "Clear History" to remove any old URL's that you had typed in.

no it doesn't... i reset safari all the time and it doesn't erase any of my bookmark menu or bookmark bar... the addybar is changed but that's what he wants

X-Istence like I said in my original post I said I tried "History" then clicked Clear History, it removes history but not URL typed history in address bar! I also tried resetting Safari and that did not work either.

hmmm.. you have got a really weird safari :D ... even when i empty my history, the addressbar cache get's cleared...

oh.. you know what it is--> your bookmarks do not get erased from the addy cache. ever. are the urls that are showing up all bookmarks?

It could be but other URLs that I don't bookmark appear as well.

ahh... i'd check your bookmarks there... safari has a bunch of junk bookmarks preloaded... go into your full bookmarks menu by clicking the "show all bookmarks" button right under your back/foward nav icons...

Techno Child said:
oh.. you know what it is--> your bookmarks do not get erased from the addy cache. ever. are the urls that are showing up all bookmarks?

Yep, that is probably what's going on. If it's not bookmarked URLs then I'm not sure what to tell you. You could try trashing Safari's preference file as a last resort.

Is there a way to just disable this url typed history feature?

I can't stand it anyway, it's the first thing I disable in IE on a windows install. It's I like I haven’t bookmarked IP's and it's inputting them and stuff.

If it’s any help I am running Pit Helmet but I cant see any history preferences in that so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back