Newbie Questions Needed! :)

Isn't ccleaner for registry? No registery on a Mac. :)

desie said:
I understand it's all cached in a file, I wondered how your delete all your URL history in Safari? I tried History > Clear History but when I type a url they appear, it gets annoying especially when your typing IP address and stuff.
Have you tried "private browsing"?
When private browsing is turned on, webpages are not added to the history, items are automatically removed from the Downloads window, information isn't saved for AutoFill (including names and passwords), and searches are not added to the pop-up menu in the Google search box. Until you close the window, you can still click the Back and Forward buttons to return to webpages you have opened.

Does not work, dam I think I'm just going to switch to Camino. What a shame I liked Safari so much as well especially the way it reads RSS.

I know a little about Apple - as a pure watcher because I have never been attracted to the design look or prepare to pay designer price tags....

One thing I have rspect for is the PowerPC chip - I believe this featured in some Macs - I know it is no longer in production - which Macs use PowerPC and where could I pick one up at a knock down price for a "toy" just because I like the chip?

(if that is not a noob question then sorry - but maybe it is kinda noob in a geek sense?)

Use a new thread for actual problems. This thread was meant for questions a newcomer to OS X would ask (though nothing came from it)

Mainframeguy said:
I know a little about Apple - as a pure watcher because I have never been attracted to the design look or prepare to pay designer price tags....

One thing I have rspect for is the PowerPC chip - I believe this featured in some Macs - I know it is no longer in production - which Macs use PowerPC and where could I pick one up at a knock down price for a "toy" just because I like the chip?

(if that is not a noob question then sorry - but maybe it is kinda noob in a geek sense?)

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...woa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=6C17B77C&nclm=SpecialDeals

Refurbished items from Apple, still a bit on the heavy side with regards to the price, Ebay is a good place to start.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back