Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NetRyder said:
Woo yay! Firefox 0.9 set for release tonight.
grin.gif

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=577399#577399

Wow, great news!

IIRC, Firefox 0.9 is the feature-complete release (meaning no major new features will be added between 0.9 and 1.0). 0.9 should be pretty stable (I haven't had any major issues with 0.9RC1 either, for that matter), but most, if not all, of the bugs should be dealt with by the time 1.0 comes along.

ok I knew someone posted a solution before but I cna't get Firefox to be saved as my default browser...I've used the options in firefox and in the other browser I have set...I have used the set program access and defaults and it's a no go...I thought there was a program someone posted that was called set browser or sometihng but I can't find it on google either...please help!

Tuffgong4 said:
ok I knew someone posted a solution before but I cna't get Firefox to be saved as my default browser...I've used the options in firefox and in the other browser I have set...I have used the set program access and defaults and it's a no go...I thought there was a program someone posted that was called set browser or sometihng but I can't find it on google either...please help!

This is what you're looking for:
smile.gif

http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/freeware/setbrowser/

Here are some screenshots. Notice the green box at the bottom-right... double-clicking it launches an update dialogue that searches for the new update. Of course I can't connect right now since the server is getting slammed. :)

Also, the first thing that Firefox did when I loaded it was notify me that TBE was incompatible, and then it searched for an installed a compatible release. Not bad! :D

Last edited:
muzikool said:
Here are some screenshots. Notice the green box at the bottom-right... double-clicking it launches an update dialogue that searches for the new update. Of course I can't connect right now since the server is getting slammed. :)

Woohoo! Awesome build.
grin.gif

*taps feet waiting for ff 0.9 to be added into FreeBSD ports tree

Damn TBE doesn't work. Says it has been updated but get loads of xml errors

I haven't run into any errors with TBE yet. Are you using 1.10.2004061401?

I can't live without TBE, going t ahve to use 0.8 until its fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back