Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and yes I'm lame enough to check the Mozilla (ie Seamonkey) status page often as I knew this update was coming :)

If anyone here still uses Mozilla or just cares you can see the status report here. So if all goes well we should have an official 1.7 release by end of May. :D

Anyone here know where (or you could do it for me) I could post a suggestion regarding Thunderbird's preview pane? It'd be nice if there was an option to disable the preview pane when reading mail but have it enabled when I click on the newsgroups without having to go to the options menu and re-enable it then disable it again when I'm done. Maybe even have options to enable or disable the preview pane for each account name and/or folder that you have.

gonaads said:
Yep, unistall TBE then close/reopen browser. Then if ya want something from TBE again, yer gonna have to install it again. There is no undo button that I know of. Unless there is somethin out there to the contrary.
sad.gif
I cant find an uninstall button for TBE, just a "Disable Extension" which doesnt revert it.

Daeron Tinúviel: where can I get the uninstall extension I looked on the texturizer site and couldnt see it there

Geffy said:
you could always just export them from Mozilla and stick them where you like so they are easier to find and then import them into firefox
How do I do that?

methinks

Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks
File -> Export

then save it somewhere, I think the default name is bookmarks.html

Awww Geffy's already answered Ben's question :eek: I was all excited cause I actually knew the answer to it :rolleyes:

Geffy said:
methinks

Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks
File -> Export

then save it somewhere, I think the default name is bookmarks.html
Thank you :)

Cool :)
Can anyone please write down a list of extentions that are usfull or just nice.
I know its kinda blunt, and I should get just what I need, but maybe there are some special ones or something :p

I like the WebDeveloper one and the UserAgentSwitcher, can be useful for some sites

Benny said:
Cool :)
Can anyone please write down a list of extentions that are usfull or just nice.
I know its kinda blunt, and I should get just what I need, but maybe there are some special ones or something :p
Extensions I really Like are
Adblock
IE View (you can open any page or link in IE)
CuteMenus (gives you little icons on your menus)
Popup Count (displays a number in the statusbar corrisponding with how many popups killed)
Statusbar Clock (just uses some of the empty status bar to show the time and date)
TabScroller (by rigt clickin and scrolling you can switch to other tabs or go back pages)

Things They Left Out is a good one.

And the one I think is the most useful: ChromEdit. If you are always tweaking, it is really handy. :)

And then pretty much everything else that's been mentioned. :D

This one is cool too: EditCSS
It allows you to edit current stylesheets of a page in live, and display the result as you type.

In addition to the a lot of the ones mentioned above, I also use the "Copy Image" extension.
"This extension activates the inherent functionality for copying images to the clipboard"

NetRyder said:
In addition to the a lot of the ones mentioned above, I also use the "Copy Image" extension.
"This extension activates the inherent functionality for copying images to the clipboard"
that sounds like and interesting extention.

hmmm...i unno where to put this but this thread sounds right i hope. Anyway as some of u might know i have at&t internet now :S and i gotta start using IE6. Before i always used aol and i heard people talk about firefox and all that...i was wondering which browser do u most of u prefer over IE6 since i don't like usin it and it seems slow :S. Thanks

As you might guess from the thread topic, most people participating in this discussion are using either Firefox or the browser from the Mozilla Suite. I'd suggest trying Firefox for yourself to see if you like it or not. It won't interfere with IE at all, so if, for some reason, you don't like Firefox, you can always uninstall it and go back to IE without any problems.
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox

If you need help with anything after installing it, feel free to post your questions here. That's what this thread it for, after all.
smile.gif

Thanks later tonight or tomorrow i will tell u how it goes...since i have stupid dial up it will take a lil bit. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back