• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

most of us are computer nerds so you know this feeling.

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
LOL this is a bitof a odd thread but man i love the feeling of making a working computer out of old harvest parts from 15 machine. Made a solid machine for my pops. Gots a Athlon 1.2 in with Pc133 (2 X256) RAM and a k7s5a pro mobo. almsot every part of it is from a old seperate machine. Just a odd nerdy feeling and im sure a few of you know what im talking about. hehe.

X-Istence

Political User
Evil Marge said:
I did a dance when I built my first computer,was all brand new bits but god was I proud

I remember that :p

As for my computer built out of parts, it has to be my old 133 Mhz Intel Pentium. Most of the parts came from six or seven different computers, including most of the ram, and other such things :p

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
That's cool bro - wasn't making fun or anything.

On an aside, I wish I waited longer than I did. I always wanted it to mean something, unfortunately it never did.

Back on topic - building 1 computer from several is pretty sweet. One of the goals for next week is to hack apart roughly 5 machines and build a decent working one. I want an additional DC to add to my "forrest" :smoker:

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
:laugh:
kcnychief said:
On an aside, I wish I waited longer than I did. I always wanted it to mean something, unfortunately it never did.
You mean like a religious epiphany? The sacrifice of your virginity? Your loss of youthful idealism? The impending loss of youthful innocence?:laugh:

Or were you hoping for something history making like the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Sorry to rag on you, but this is just too good to pass up.

Or then again maybe you were'nt doing it right?

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
falconguard said:
You mean like a religious epiphany? The sacrifice of your virginity? Your loss of youthful idealism? The impending loss of youthful innocence?:laugh:

Or were you hoping for something history making like the fall of the Berlin Wall.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
falconguard said:

Well it was my first time, so obviously I hadn't a clue as to what I was doing. That, plus it was in my car, in a cemetery.

I'll save you the rest of the details ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies