most of us are computer nerds so you know this feeling.

LOL this is a bitof a odd thread but man i love the feeling of making a working computer out of old harvest parts from 15 machine. Made a solid machine for my pops. Gots a Athlon 1.2 in with Pc133 (2 X256) RAM and a k7s5a pro mobo. almsot every part of it is from a old seperate machine. Just a odd nerdy feeling and im sure a few of you know what im talking about. hehe.

I did a dance when I built my first computer,was all brand new bits but god was I proud
_slide_.gif

Evil Marge said:
I did a dance when I built my first computer,was all brand new bits but god was I proud
_slide_.gif

I remember that :p

As for my computer built out of parts, it has to be my old 133 Mhz Intel Pentium. Most of the parts came from six or seven different computers, including most of the ram, and other such things :p

Evil Marge said:
_slide_.gif

Good job Marge..
rockonhybridsmileybyhybridsmil.gif

Evil Marge said:
_slide_.gif

That must have been a while ago... :speechless:

I love the feeling, are we nerdy enough to say it's better then sex? hmmm lol

Bman™ said:
I love the feeling, are we nerdy enough to say it's better then sex? hmmm lol

no... im not that bad. lol.... please kill me if i ever am.. please..

Yeah, wonderful feeling, but I'm pretty sure not better than sex.

Grandmaster said:
Yeah, wonderful feeling, but I'm pretty sure not better than sex.
PRETTY sure, does that mean someone is a virgin? :eek:

/runs :p

That's cool bro - wasn't making fun or anything.

On an aside, I wish I waited longer than I did. I always wanted it to mean something, unfortunately it never did.

Back on topic - building 1 computer from several is pretty sweet. One of the goals for next week is to hack apart roughly 5 machines and build a decent working one. I want an additional DC to add to my "forrest" :smoker:

Lol...
Can't say i danced when i built my first...
I was happy though?
Sure...
-Jack

:laugh:
kcnychief said:
On an aside, I wish I waited longer than I did. I always wanted it to mean something, unfortunately it never did.
You mean like a religious epiphany? The sacrifice of your virginity? Your loss of youthful idealism? The impending loss of youthful innocence?:laugh:

Or were you hoping for something history making like the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Sorry to rag on you, but this is just too good to pass up.

Or then again maybe you were'nt doing it right?

falconguard said:
You mean like a religious epiphany? The sacrifice of your virginity? Your loss of youthful idealism? The impending loss of youthful innocence?:laugh:

Or were you hoping for something history making like the fall of the Berlin Wall.

falconguard said:

Well it was my first time, so obviously I hadn't a clue as to what I was doing. That, plus it was in my car, in a cemetery.

I'll save you the rest of the details ;)

Weren't you too tired after all that digging?

:pukes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back