most of us are computer nerds so you know this feeling.

Is it wrong to say that I was proud of replacing ALL the hardware in a windows 95 machine with somewhat newer stuff a couple years back, with the same install, and getting 46 days of uptime before lightning too it out. :(

Lighting Took it out right?
That sucks :(
Oh well windows 95 anyways...

Speaking of lightning, I jus realised by IBM Netfinity server has no surge protection :eek: I really need to get a UPS for that and my gateway PC. Problem is I have no cash.

sigh

Admiral Michael said:
Speaking of lightning, I jus realised by IBM Netfinity server has no surge protection :eek: I really need to get a UPS for that and my gateway PC. Problem is I have no cash.

sigh
Is your server really expensive?

Admiral Michael said:

sigh

Just have a gerbil run on a wheel, attached to a generator. Much more cost effective :smoker:

And quit yer bitchin', isn't that the server you got for free?

Lol
Yep that'd do it...
I'd say have your stupid friend run on a treadmill if you got one...

kcnychief said:
Nah, I drank some gatorade and coffee, I was good :p
lmao i knoe exactly wat u mean lmao... i made a rig for my mom out of
2x128 and 1x256 sdram sticks
some old mobo and p4 1.7
and some old gateway case lying around

lol and it was like.... 8-| i did this?! lol im INVINCIBLE lmao...till u look at ur own rig and ur like...that is crap compared to this babe lmao

I pick up discards by the roadside..... got an old PII chasis in the kitchen and a 4GB HD in a box someplace and I am going to get that together just as soon as I am placing an order and get hold of an optical drive.... Some of those discards have been OK too, like the pair of 19" CRTs in full working order :)... I think it may be one of the fringe benefits to living in London, would not occur all over, or am I wrong?

Can't say it gives me any real special feelng though - I know most folks could do it if they wanted to - but it does feel like real proper recycling to me - after all I am saving this stuff from being landfill remember! (well - depending on the waste rules it could be more expensive waste than landfill even)

I remember when I had to build my Voc teachers computer cause he is so f-ing retarded and then it got stolen 2 weeks later and he didnt know for a whole day.

Someone took his cause it wasn't hooked to the network yet because Novell was 64bit yet. They replaced it with a computer that had a white case like his.

I just dont get how the person got away with a damn computer and not get caught. Well in a way he did cause someone told the teacher the next day.

Other then that I have no good computer builds stories and such other then I built mine from mostly all christmas presents besides me buying the processor.

How good was the computer that was stolen?
That sucks for your Voc teacher...
He must have been and idiot though
:)
-Jack

Vanquished said:
How good was the computer that was stolen?
That sucks for your Voc teacher...
He must have been and idiot though
:)
-Jack

It was worth about $500

He got it back tho...a kid told on the person that stole it.

My damn teacher is so f-ing stupid though.

I mean he had me build it for him.

He also isnt even doing anything to the kid. He said teens do stupid stuff when they are young and having this on his record when he gets a job wont look good.

I was like so if I stole your truck and someone told you and I brought it back I wouldnt get it trouble.

He was like well thats different. I am like only thing thats different is what was stolen. No matter what is stolen you should get in trouble for it.

mlakrid said:
That must have been a while ago... :speechless:
It was and I even made a thread about it here to celebrate,I've built 2 more since then as well as upgrades and stuff.
I fixed the computer at work the other day too :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back