Lost

Did anyone notice that the Boat dude ordered Alex to bring out Kate? Could it be THAT Alex? The French lady's son?

Anyways, fantastic episode. A war is coming... :)

Yeah, it is a bit of a small plane, but how far it can travel I'm not sure tbh. Smaller fuel tanks probably, but also there is less mass to move around. Hmm... Though she no doubt stopped for fuel, anyone aware of the size of Amelea Airhart's (sp?) plane, when she took the trip around the world?

Sorry m8, not sure whether that's in the realm of the possible for such a craft or not...

Edit: Here's some info on Earhart's last flight...

http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq3-1.htm

Looks like she was flying a Lockheed 10E "Electra" at the time...

Last edited:
Sazar said:
So yah, no one has a comment about my plane spoiler :eek:

Yeah about that. I'm sure they'll explain it in a more logical manner in a later episode.

Hsn: Did he call him Alex? I'm too lazy to check :p

Grandmaster said:
Yeah about that. I'm sure they'll explain it in a more logical manner in a later episode.

Hsn: Did he call him Alex? I'm too lazy to check :p

Roger that.

I just got to seeing the episode now... One thing:

After looking over it, I'm not sure that Jack's original motives in telling Kate to stay behind, ordering her is more like it, was entirely to setup a barier to keep her away... After seeing his reaction with his wife, the father who died on the operation table after 7 hours of surgery and insisting he got it all, the look on his face when he saw Kate, and then the threat he made to the boat guy; he might have been trying to protect her. Perhaps it's a situation where he either is finding it hard to deal with the prospects of losing someone he cares about again; or perhaps (such as with the patient) he's finding it difficult to deal with the prospects of someone dieing who he feels is under his care in some way... Perhaps also, for people who were lost, be they patients or otherwise, he blamed himself for the occurence... This could well have just as much to do with Jack himself, as it does with Kate.

Now as to completely snubbing her when they walked down the mountain. Hmm... I'm not sure if he felt betrayed because she followed from behind, if it was that he felt that because of her actions they lost their only chance to catch up to Michael as well as the guns, or what...

As to that boat guy, that I like even less after this episode:

Your island? They crashed and were trying to leave "your prescious island", but you would have none of that. Burn the raft, kidnapp Walt, and shoot Sawyer, and then make this claim... If it weren't for you, then they would have left/been rescued, and you wouldn't have had to share it with them anymore. If they're still there, it's your fault they still are, as they didn't want to remain there, and would have no doubt welcomed help to allow them to leave.

Yes, I have certain thoughts about his analogy of comparing a crash landing to breaking into someone's home, when they kidnapp people's kids and could have well helped them to leave even if their intent was to "get rid of them". All said, there is no doubt more then that boat dude was saying as well...for which that computer from the Dharma project might well have a part.

drama.jpg

Sazar said:
So yah, no one has a comment about my plane spoiler :eek:

I read on a Lost blog that the plane wouldn't have been able to travel that far, and that it was a "mistake" by the writers to make it that kind of plane. Nice catch.

Also, good catch on the Alex thing, Hsn. :) Very interesting.

I love the way some people get snappy about these things as if it's real :rolleyes:

This island has polar bears, so the little continuity fact of a plane leaving from Nigeria and crash landing in South East Asia is inconsequential, or is it?

falconguard said:
This island has polar bears, so the little continuity fact of a plane leaving from Nigeria and crash landing in South East Asia is inconsequential, or is it?

That seems like a good point, but I expect an explanation for the polar bears to be revealed at some point. You might say it is possible to place polar bears on an island, but not possible for that kind of plane to fly that distance.

I am not really sure, Polar bears are insulated so well that that tropical heat should bring a massive systemic shut down, but like I said before why let little continuity facts stop us from enjoying the show.

Usually the genetic anomaly for albino's makes them smaller than their counterparts, but that is not important right now. Not as much as Jack wanting to go to war.

Has anyone reasoned how far south this island would be? I'm assuming it's far from the equator, but can't say if it would be close to the antarchtic circle. Vegetation is not similar to that one would tend to find in the tundra however.

Perhaps if we get beyond a few months more can be reasoned, aka we begin seeing "Lost caste faces their first winter". How severe, early it comes might help ascertain if they're closer to the equator or the south pole.

On the size, I haven't heard that albinos are necessarily smaller. Hmm... The gene that effects this (at least in humans) is one that is able to convert phenoalanene, through a chain of conversions, to the amino acid needed for melanin production, as I remember. Taurine is the amino acid mentioned in these pages, but isn't an essential amino acid (our body can synthesize taurine), though phenoalenine would be a 'starting essential" amino acide we can't manufacture. Without this, no matter how much melanin our genes might call for the production of, the amino acid (which is not readily found in our food, and is a less common one in food sources) is simply not getting synthesized for use.

BTW, and as an aside, looking at the amino acids thsemselves

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_amino_acid

they now list 10 essential amino acids (not 8, such as they did when I was back in school). Beef is no longer being counted as a "complete protein" anymore. Umm, OK, maybe they learned otherwise, not how it was listed when I was learning this.

I do see mention of eye problems wrt albinism, but not problems with manufacturing growth harmone or the like... If the amino acid one can't synthesize is also used in growth harmone, I wouldn't rule it out as impossible however.

My wife wanted to know what was flashing around in the smoke that approached (Mr.) Eko, so she stopped frame through the flashes ( yay! for DVR.) the images that we made out were, images of his brother and the church his brother served, along with the idol, the gold-toothed friend, and some woman who we could'nt figure out. We hypothesized that it was his mother, as she looked nothing like the woman who was selling figurines for the church, and there was no context for her in the story so far.

Wrt last nights episode, poor Charlie...psychotic episodes from withdrawal:cry:

Yeah I really felt sorry for the guy. And he just made himself look worse as the episode went on, ending with him getting his ass kicked by a 60 year old. :p

The scenes with Hurley and his crush are pretty funny :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back