Lost

I'm already having Lost withdrawals! Anyone else?

I'm in rehab right now.

128845938606778019.jpg

I was really into it a few seasons back, but now I just get lost trying to follow the story. :s

The entire current season has been about answering questions as it is the last one.

So far, it's been an awesome season :)

According to Yahoo....

Everything on the island was real. "What happened, happened." All of the craziness, the weird science, the Others, the Dharma Initiaitive, etc....it happened. It all led up to Jack saving the afterlife by putting that cork in the cave to "re-light" the light. Desmond was the weapon, as Jack said...he was able to make the light go out in time for the Man in Black to become mortal and be "killable." Remember -- Desmond was a "failsafe." Jack, as the protector of the light, had to ensure that the light was restored. Had he not done that, the world would have ceased to exist...as well as the afterlife (a place where you are with the people you love most. Desmond alluded to this, but I do not believe when he went into the cave that he realized that it was death/afterlife...I think he thought that he would still be "alive" (hence his original sadness when the light went out and he opened his eyes and didn't see Penny. It wasn't until he died, had the awakening experience with Charlie until he realized that this beautiful place where you are surrounded by everyone you love is actually the afterlife.

The sideway storyline was their tunnel from their physical death into the afterlife. According to Christian Shephard, no one crosses into The Light (the afterlife -- heaven, or whatever else you believe in) by themselves. They cross over with the people who they experienced their most important time in their life with. The sideline universe is what they created to get from death (throughout the sideline stories, they were all already dead) to a place where they could find each other so that they could "let go" and move on...to the afterlife.

All of them died at different times. The people that died on the island, really did die on the island...the people who got off of the island in the end on the Aijra plane (Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Claire, Lapidus, and Richard) lived a longer life but as Christian says, "Everyone dies." So, they could have lived full lives...but in the end...after their death, since they spent the most important years of their life on the island together...these people are all supposed to move on together into The Light...

Last edited by a moderator:
Added spoiler tags to your post AZ.. might want to include a link to just for source references..

In any case,
i agree with most of what it said other than a few points on the flash sideways and afterlife sections..

Still digesting most of it to make sense in my head..

Ashes to Ashes finished on Friday and actually pulled off a similar theme in a much better way :O

I am actually quite happy with the ending. I think it's the best one we could have been giving. So many wrong ways to go, even could have been done wrong the way it was done, but all is well.

Ashes To Ashes is what? A show? That I don't know about....

Kinda glad I stopped watching at end of season one, from all I've read they could have done this in a season instead of spreading over 6yrs. :)

The final season was amazing in my view. Ranks right behind the first and second seasons in the pecking order of awesomeness.

The last episode had a lot of gravitas, but I personally enjoyed it a lot :D

Could have done with less commercials, but that's why I dvr'd it :)

I am actually quite happy with the ending. I think it's the best one we could have been giving. So many wrong ways to go, even could have been done wrong the way it was done, but all is well.

Ashes To Ashes is what? A show? That I don't know about....

Ashes to Ashes is the sequel to the original Life on Mars which was also a stunning series, the US remade it - only lasted a season - and had a stupid ending.

Actually preferred Life on mars, even tho I am a child of the 80s ;p
I was a teen in the 80's and loved it :D Something I realised the other day though was how many songs from the 70's I can still remember and know all the words to :crosseyed:

Thats cos bad nightclubs insist on playing them all still ;s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back